User Tag List

First 123

Thread: ENTP Inflation?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    In the stock market, sometimes when an investor purchases, holds, or sells a large enough portion of a company, or if the person doesn't necesarily have a huge holding but is well acknowledged as a sharp investor who people follow (such as Warren Buffet), a person can really move a stock. It has become evident that when I make a long and well thought-out post on the forum, that INTJ threads become more popular. I say this only as a statement of trends I've observed, that I am to INTJ threads as Warren Buffet is to companies he invests in. Yet, I've also noticed recently that ENTP threads have come into vogue in the NT section. Now, in economics, price gouging refers to pricing above the market price, which I suspect may be occuring here. Thus, the rational thinker must question whether these ENTP threads are really worth the popularity they're receiving. If not, the stock is going to get dumped when the personality market corrects in the long-run. On the other hand, INTJs have a critical public of subscribers, an egghead circle of subscribers, which will ensure the long-term stability of INTJ threads. Yet, I have doubts that ENTPs will be able to maintain their stock as I think it's overpriced at the moment. Four questions emerge: what is the intrinsic value of ENTP threads? To what extent does the current surface value differ from the fundamental value? Who is gouging the ENTP stock? Will it last? Some questions for the personality speculator.
    Translation of this post:
    "I'd like to create an intelligent thread, but instead I created just another dumb ENTP thread. Am I in vouge now, or am I simply catching the tail end of a fad?"
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    In the stock market, sometimes when an investor purchases, holds, or sells a large enough portion of a company, or if the person doesn't necesarily have a huge holding but is well acknowledged as a sharp investor who people follow (such as Warren Buffet), a person can really move a stock. It has become evident that when I make a long and well thought-out post on the forum, that INTJ threads become more popular. I say this only as a statement of trends I've observed, that I am to INTJ threads as Warren Buffet is to companies he invests in. Yet, I've also noticed recently that ENTP threads have come into vogue in the NT section. Now, in economics, price gouging refers to pricing above the market price, which I suspect may be occuring here. Thus, the rational thinker must question whether these ENTP threads are really worth the popularity they're receiving. If not, the stock is going to get dumped when the personality market corrects in the long-run. On the other hand, INTJs have a critical public of subscribers, an egghead circle of subscribers, which will ensure the long-term stability of INTJ threads. Yet, I have doubts that ENTPs will be able to maintain their stock as I think it's overpriced at the moment. Four questions emerge: what is the intrinsic value of ENTP threads? To what extent does the current surface value differ from the fundamental value? Who is gouging the ENTP stock? Will it last? Some questions for the personality speculator.
    Logical analysis of the sudden preponderance of ENTP threads by a metaphorical comparison to stocks' values will only take you so far. It seems that the number of threads about ENTPs started going up after I posted the one about romance. Romance is something that is important and interesting to them, yet I've never seen them talk about it at Typec. It seemed to be a meaningful yet previously neglected topic. Some replied to the thread, which attracted more ENTPs, which got more ENTPs interested, etc.. Once you get the ENTPs fired up, you just stand back and watch them go! Just my theory.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Moved to Fluffzone from NT Rationale.

This one is not as egregious.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Logical analysis of the sudden preponderance of ENTP threads by a metaphorical comparison to stocks' values will only take you so far. It seems that the number of threads about ENTPs started going up after I posted the one about romance. Romance is something that is important and interesting to them, yet I've never seen them talk about it at Typec.
    Very true... generally this is one of the only things that I consider to be private.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Who unwittingly had this thread placed in the Fluff Zone without any explanation to justify such a rash decision? This is not the appropriate category for this thread, as there is nothing particularly fluffy about it at all (except some of the ENTP feedback), and it explicitly addresses an NT type, namely ENTPs.

I left intjforum because of incompetent admins. I'd prefer to stay at typologycentral, but if this problem is not rectified, and if problems of this variety in general persist, I shall be forced to leave typologycentral as well, as these abuses of power and mismanagement of intellectual resources makes the forum experience very wearying and unrewarding.

If I make a post in the NT forum it is for a reason or several reasons. These are typically: (1) That the post explicitly addresses NTs or a specific NT type, such as ENTPs (which mine did) (2) That there are certain posters who regularly visit the NT stream of the forum, many of which my post is designed for. This second consideration is important because when one writes one has a decision to make regarding whether one will write to a universal audience or a particular audience. Sometimes I do the one, while other times I do the other. In writing in the NT stream, my contributions are primarily designed for an NT audience.

Thus, when you move a post of this caliber to the Fluff Zone it is (1) an ill-thought decision for reasons already mentioned and, thus, requires rethinking (2) an ad authoritatum fallacy--an appeal to authority rather than logic and reason, which is insufficient grounds for logical validity (3) disrespectful to NTs and the forum more generally (4) a failure to fulfill one's duty as admin, which in part is to help facilitate discussions that interest people.

Fix this.

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ thought process:

1. get some intuition/feeling based thought
    2. convince self it's based purely on thinking
    3. find some way to intellectualize it and make it sound smart
    4. display to public
    5. make argument appear self-righteous and/or insult the intelligence/capabilities of the people who disagree

go us!
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Metamorphosis hit on the rationale pretty well, Provoker.

You've artificially intellectualized a pet theory and inflated it as something characteristic of a type. In this case, your association sought to (very loosely) link stock market components with certain of your observed ENTP peccadilloes.

It's fluff, Provoker. Bull. Nonsense. Tedium.

Not just your premise, either. The response gamut you received is also Fluff. Generally speaking, most gobbledygook quickly becomes self-evident, sometimes as a result of simple exposure by other members.

You offered Fluff and were received in turn. Your target demographic is of secondary importance to the character of the content you create.

That's why it was moved.