User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: ENTP Inflation?

  1. #11
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    I disagree. There is no such thing as a free lunch. There is always a cost, and usually many. In this case, the opportunity cost of making a post about ENTP inflation meant foregoing a post about deductive logic or zoology. In your case, the cost of reading my post meant foregoing another post that could have been read in the same time. So long as there are decisions made within spacetime there are costs. When a historian decides to emphasize one particular theme in the text, he foregoes another theme. He may try to emhpasize all themes, but then no theme in particular is emphasized above the rest, which defeats his goal to begin with. The point is there is always a cost, both to allocation of material resources, intellectual resources, and so forth, primarily because time itself is scarce, which means that pursuing one course of action necessarily excludes others at some point. Hence, economic principles do apply. Thus, your statement doesn't hold.
    Yes, but there's not a scarcity of time the way there's a scarcity of resources. So I guess it's like the market would be if people had a heck of a lot more money than they do.

    Sigh. Why is it that time is so easy to come by, but money is almost impossible to get? I guess it's because no one considers my time valuable enough to trade me anything for it.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Your argument assumes one thing which is also the weak point of it in addition to the reason it doesn't hold. One assumption is that ENTPs want to garner attention.

    ENTPs don't necessarily like being in a limelight. They will if needed, but it's not preferred as we are only slightly extraverted and at times retreat back into their shells. So long-term exposure isn't something enjoyed.

    Having said that, the reason your argument doesn't hold is that it assumes ENTPs want their stock to rise. ENTPs choose to play on their terms. As they often play devil's advocate, it's anyone's guess which way they might want their 'stock' to go...or if they want to 'maintain' it at all!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  3. #13
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Attention whore. You just want more INTJ threads that you can leave some condescending remark in, don't you?

    As evidenced by my minimal amount of posts in ENTP-related threads, I personally believe that this slight increase in ENTP thread demand will decrease. Price gouging, however, may be an overstatement of the phenomenon.

    On the other hand, does the INTJ market have any chance for growth? While you have established that the market has a constant base, can it attain true growth beyond this? As shown through past experience, the INTJ community only becomes less generalized and significantly harder to enter. While they threads may be slowly getting more enriched with more content, further investors will find difficulty to keep up.

    Have you considered how lucrative the supply of INTP threads may be?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  4. #14
    Senior Member Nizy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi
    Posts
    206

    Default

    THREAD HIJACK!


    This thread is now about overweight ENTPs


    Discuss.

  5. #15
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    THREAD HIJACK!


    This thread is now about overweight ENTPs


    Discuss.
    So you want to talk about inflated ENTPs rather than the inflation of ENTPs.

  6. #16
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    This thread is so geeky.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Nizy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    So you want to talk about inflated ENTPs rather than the inflation of ENTPs.
    Or perhaps Provoker is expressing concern for the alarming trend of ENTPs becoming overweight(inflating).

  8. #18
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    This thread is so geeky.
    Smells like teen INTJ!

    Whatever coolness factor it has, is only due to its subject matter!

  9. #19
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Smells like teen INTJ!

    Whatever coolness factor it has, is only due to its subject matter!
    Are you sayin teen INTJs smell like grunge rock? Huh!? Are ya?

    Why I oughtta...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  10. #20
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Coolness must go a long way
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP personality type descritpion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. [ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?
    By substitute in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 06:13 AM
  4. [ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 09:16 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO