First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, that's why I'm doing it. I'm a P.

For Ps, logic/ethics is typically an end unto itself. TPs want to possess complete logical understanding (internally) and FPs want to do this with ethical understanding--whether or not it gets applied much to the outer world is typically a secondary concern.

For Js, logic/ethics is typically a means to some other end. It's a process that helps us organize our outer world by achieving a tangible goal--I don't think Lauren sees any tangible goal in what I'm doing here, because the goal I'm fulfilling is internal and not external, which might explain why a J doesn't see much value in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Moreover, this discussion is pointless in so many ways. It's been done many times over and it's clear that the poster(s) involved are more interested in pointing out what's wrong with the other side than reaching any compromise or understanding.

But of course I'm taking this "personally" since I have F in my type code.
    That's interesting, because right now I'm asking calmly and directly for further elaborations on the positions you all are expressing, in a clear attempt to better my understanding.

Personally, I'd say OrangeAppled appears to be the one who's more interested in shooting down the other side than in trying to learn--note how she showed up, shot down my position with no explanation, declared my ideas "ridiculous" and then chose not to reply even after I asked politely for further explanation.

Who's really the one ignoring others' perspectives here?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

She might just have had to go to bed SW. OA seems pretty reasonable from what I've seen of her.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Fair enough...I hope she'll have time to reply later.

I see that she did, however, have time to ham it up with Lauren (who, incidentally, also declared my ideas ridiculous/the entire thread pointless and then refused to respond to an explanation) via wall posts about what an ignorant moron I am.

That sure sounds like a model for open-mindedness to me!

The hypocrisy is suffocating. I'm reminded for some reason of those two rednecks who beat the crap out of Bill Hicks after one of his shows "in the name of Christ's love." If you want to fight closed-mindedness, making similarly obnoxious closed-minded remarks yourself and then retreating to wall posts to pat each other on the back instead of making any effort to explain is probably not the best way of going about it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I didn't see anything that mentioned you there SW. Only references to the stuff that bugged them. "The hypocrisy is suffocating". LOL - isn't that a leetle dramatic? My guess is that you mostly just want them to keep discussing and a few little needles for them to read might bring them back.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

What's this thread about?
    I'm too lazy to read the whole thing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I didn't see anything that mentioned you there SW. Only references to the stuff that bugged them.
    Uhh...read between the lines?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    "The hypocrisy is suffocating". LOL - isn't that a leetle dramatic? My guess is that you mostly just want them to keep discussing and a few little needles for them to read might bring them back.
    Well, clearly I'm not literally suffering oxygen deprivation as a result of this thread...here's another example of NTs playing with language because it's fun. We're not actively reading into the emotional implications and then deciding to say it anyway just to hurt people; we just really really don't care about the emotional implications in most cases because it's not even what we're thinking about at all...it just never really comes into play.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    What's this thread about?
    I'm too lazy to read the whole thing.
    LOL - split from this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...your-infx.html

And now, I'm going to bed.

Nighters!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

C'mon AR, it's only six pages. However, short version - It began with another thread about the care and feeding of INFPs and INFJs. SW jumped in with a couple of derogatory statements towards feelers intended to provoke discussion so that he could observe their reaction. Eventually the thread was split. Orange Appled and Lauren Ashley continued to challenge his assumptions, he plied them with questions which he felt they did not answer. LA said further discussion was pointless and he and I have been discussing why this method of inquiry is most useful to him. I feel like those people that summarize a whole week of General Hospital at a time!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Further discussion is always pointless when you can't see any perspectives past the end of your own nose.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

SW if you don't want them reading between lines and you want them to use precise speech, you must do the same. Play by the rules, big fella! (Oops, I just told an ENTP what to do! Disregard!)