User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I suppose I could look through those. I respect your opinion and have from the beginning, but notice that you are much more likely to jump into discussions when you disagree with people rather when you do agree. That doesn't seem productive to me all the time either.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    Oh, I see, simulatedworld. You refuse to believe that Ts have emotions to be displayed? Or that Ps can use S to perceive the species-wide signs and symbols thereof? Pshaw and humbug. I shall leave you to your small, tiny little world of human people as pathetically limited abstract constructs.
    Uhhh....what? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I saw that edit, Sim! Actually, that should be a valuable bit of understanding in the science experiment you conducted. That method of communicating your opinion to an NF=your argument is a personal attack. Good to know for next time if it matters, isn't it?
    Probably so. btw, I edit like 99% of my posts repeatedly because I'm on a shitty laptop that overheats a lot and I don't enjoy losing my progress in the middle of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Yes, it is. If you want to see how this debate usually goes, look through Sim's older posts. But anyway, I understand you like giving people the benefit of the miniscule, nearly invisible doubt, so carry on if you wish.
    So...you don't think I've ever gained any insight or perspective from having these T/F debates?

Why do you think I post on this forum in the first place? Seriously?

Here, incase you didn't know, Pe learns through trial and error and that's the only way. We have to go through the process ourselves and make all the possible mistakes for ourselves before we really feel competent.

As a result, Ne+Ti tends to have a lot of difficulty learning through any method other than systematically whittling away until it's been through all the possibilities and found the explanation that seems most reasonable. We need to know where the boundaries are before we can orient in any system, so in order to truly learn we have to push every system to the breaking point in order to really grasp its fundamental guiding principles.

For ENTPs, unfortunately, this often involves a huge amount of arguing before any real progress in understanding can be made--but don't let that fool you into thinking we don't learn from it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I edit all the time too, but not because of my computer. I just think of things after or else I hate leaving mistakes on there that I discover.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I suppose I could look through those. I respect your opinion and have from the beginning, but notice that you are much more likely to jump into discussions when you disagree with people rather when you do agree. That doesn't seem productive to me all the time either.
    ...Okay. That's not what I do at all, I have plenty of posts not responding to anyone but the OP, and even more "This" and "+1" posts. But you can think what you wish.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Oooh, INFJ chick fight!

Aw c'mon SW, humour me please and don't provoke unnecessarily. I am interested in this discussion!
    That was a joke in the vein of the obviously joking title that CzeCze put on this split thread.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Don't you think there could be a way SW to speed up this trial and error thing? I mean if other ENTPs have run into the same issues, is there some way you could just get the cliff notes on it, or does it require doing it yourself to make sure the research is valid?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ It always requires doing it myself in order to grasp. That's true for every P I know, and especially the EPs.

We don't take a calculated or linear approach to learning; we dive right in and sink until we learn to swim. We MUST learn everything the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ...Okay. That's not what I do at all, I have plenty of posts not responding to anyone but the OP, and even more "This" and "+1" posts. But you can think what you wish.
    No comment on the nature of your posts in general, but...do you have any response to this whole Ne learning process thing? I hope you can see why there is a definite method to the apparent madness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

But you don't have enough lifetimes to make all the mistakes that are there out there. That seems extremely inefficient and I thought you guys were all about gettin' the job done!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

But you don't have enough lifetimes to make all the mistakes that are there out there. That seems extremely inefficient and I thought you guys were all about gettin' the job done!
    Oh, lord no...we're Ps, what on earth do we care about getting any external goals completed?

Remember, Ps find internal organization to be more important than external, and vice versa for Js.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

But isn't this a form of internal organization?