User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were to die tomorrow..

I've always hoped that I would die this way. Some sort of terminal illness so that I would know in advance that it was coming so I could plan accordingly.

I would make a video for my daughter telling her all the things girls/young women need to hear from their mothers.

Most of the "loose ends" are already taken care of b/c my father died very young and you never know. There's typically a "waiting period" for life insurance but I would put all of the debt in my name and fly to Vegas for a quickie divorce. I don't have any benefits that he would need to be a widower to access and my will is very specific.

Then I would throw a funeral. They're too stuffy and anyone who knows me well would be offended if some religious figure wanted to talk about me after I died. Instead I would have a big party with lots of booze and fatty foods. Pudding wrestling. Dunk tanks. Live band. Then my friends would be forced to eulogize me while I heckled them from the audience.

Finally, I would hand off my journals/computer files/misc notes to a small group of friends to finally finish that novel I've been writing about my life. Then give them the information for my daughter's trust. Call a few old acquaintances who owe me a favor and tell them to keep a distant eye on the kiddo. Say goodbye to my family. Walk my happy ass down to the morgue and harass the poor sap who'll have to dissect me (hello! a disease that mysteriously kills you at midnight is going to need an autopsy before any insurance pay outs). Then crawl up on the weird metal table and voluntarily separate my consciousness from my body (meditate).

Frantically try to find some way out of this fate.
    Realize that I am not allowed to do that in this thread.
    Drink chai. Eat decadent chocolate desserts.
    Write letters to my best friends - I would say I wanted to see them one last time, but I hate intense goodbyes and I wouldn't want that to be their last memory of me or my last memory of them. I'd also organize the leaving of my stuff to them and my sister.
    Write letters to some people that I need some closure with.
    There's this huge waterfall that I've hiked to, where I have some pretty intense memories. You can lie down on the rock above it and look directly down into the waterfall. Hike up there alone (assuming that I can fully function immediately preceding death), trying not to really think.
    Throw myself off said waterfall at 11:59 PM.

Oh, and before that, run up a down escalator.

Take everything out of my room and burn it. I hate people poking around in my stuff.
    /end crazy

Then I'd probably just sit on top of the hill by my house all day. No sense stressing out, you can't do everything you always wanted to do in one day, so ya might as well just sit back and look at the sky.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Senior Member Array professor goodstain's Avatar

My Ni has smoked enough battery acid as it is going through lifes walk, so the anticipation of something at that level would eat me alive. Wouldn't be able to wait around to find out what lies beyond this dimension knowing it's coming that soon. Which would lead me to ask myself....what's a few hours difference anyway? So, i suppose, i would strip butt naked and jump off a cliff

*oh right, the dog. what about the dog? i would first relinquish him to sis*
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Senior Member Array iamathousandapples's Avatar

Go out the only way there is to go out: Get a rental car and blare Cannibal Corpse down the wrong way of the Interstate! Why should I die the boring death?

Go through little black book in alphabetical order hoping a dozen or so hours is enough time...

This is What I Would Do:
    1. Run Around Naked In The Neighbour hood
    2. Go Into A Random Church And Kiss The Bride
    3. Sell My Stuff To A Disasterious Person (That Includes ESFJ's)
    4. Go Into A Motel and Trash The Place (ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    And Lastly,
    5. Tell The World That We Are Not Alone ... Go and Buy A Pet Rock :P
    Mathematical reasoning may be regarded rather schematically as the exercise of a combination of two facilities, which we may call intuition and ingenuity. - Alan Turing

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    What would you do?

It's morning, and you have until midnight until your mysterious death.

For the sake of the conversation, let's say there is no way to save you from this fate. (I'm lookin' at you, NTs!)

Oh wow, the post date of this is the exact date I went over to my best friends house, and as we were laying there, I asked her this very question haha
    [add]: oh shit, I just realized at the EXACT same time as well!

1. Sneak into random places like Yo-Yo Ma's house
    2. Run around Boston naked
    3. Eat a ton of food (get sushi, Chinese, Portuguese, etc)
    4. Try to find true love
    5. Invent something quickly
    6. Travel to Europe
    7. Buy a bottle of fine wine, whatever, s'long as it tastes good, and get my friends.
    8. Prank call the White House.
    9. Write crazy letters to random people/agencies making up things (I am an escaped convict who has serious physical incapabilities, I can't hear out of one ear, and I forgot how to go to the bathroom. I also have a very large hookah I need to sell, would you like to buy it? It comes with waffles)
    10. Try to completely relax. Listen to a lot of music.
    11. Start a thread on TypeC about how I am going to die.

Oh, and throw a crazy party in honor of my death.
    Last edited by Antimony; 09-06-2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

fuck my way into oblivion

make some form of art

smoke the fuck out of some cigarettes
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I'd probably die of a heart attack today. :P

Seriously. A day is not enought to do much of anything. So I probably spend my remaining time reflecting upon my life.