2 20.00%
First 123

Thread: What type am I?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Athenian and Toonia both seem to show a very strong Ti / analytical component that most of the other INFJs I have seen here do not tend to present as often, so I am thinking there is a range of INFJ behavior and you are at different parts on that spectrum.
    Hmm... so you're perspective is that my logic, when manifest, is a weaker form of xxTP Ti rather than xxTJ Te logic? Another person saw this as well. That would lend credibility to Beebe's model for Introverts, I/E/I/E. Some MBTI theorists believe in I/E/E/E. I was leaning towards Beebe's model myself, but the only thing creating confusion for is that I'm not sure that the difference between Ti/Te has been defined accurately enough, as some INTP's seem to have Te qualities, and some xxTJ's manifest Ti qualities. Perhaps I'm just trying too hard to find consistency in something that's necessarily vague? Oh well.
    Of course, your 4w6 sp/so/sx reading is completely fubar.
    (You can't have a wing that isn't next to your main, and what is the point of putting sp/so/sx down? If all your variants are the same strength, then there is no way to distinguish a variant.)

Note: I would probably guess straight Four with an sp/so variant... but that is only a hunch on my part, I could not tell you with more certainty without spending time with you.
    4w6? That's impossible, Kiddo. Here's something I posted earlier on this matter:

I think this site explains it best: How the Enneagram Personality System Works

But here's my understanding:

Okay, the Enneagram is a complex 9 archetype system. You have one core type which is the basis of your personality. Each type also has "wings," which add another dimension to your personality. Your wing must be one of the numbers adjacent to your core type. A 4 can have either a 3 or a 5 wing. A 2 can have either a 1 or a 3 wing.

Another part of the theory is integration/disintegration. Under stress, a type can "disintegerate" and behave like another type. The direction of disintegration is:

1-4-2-8-5-7-1

9-6-3-9

This means that a 1 under stress acts like a 4, a 4 under stress acts like a 2, and so on. Note that 9,6, and 3 have their own continuum on this scale that operates the same way. A 9 under stress acts like a 6, a 6 under stress acts like a 3, and so on.

The direction of integration is the direction in which a type grows toward healthier behaviors. It's the opposite of the direction of disintegration.

1-7-5-8-2-4-1

9-3-6-9

This means that a healthy 1 will begin to act more like a 7, a healthy 7 will begin to act more like a 5, and so on.

About instinctual stacks:

You have Social (SO), Sexual (SX), and Self-Preservation (SP) Instincts. They can be stacked in the six following ways:

SO/SP

SP/SO

SO/SX

SP/SX

SX/SO

SX/SP

Note that normally only the first two stronger instincts are noted, because it is assumed that that the instinct not shown is automatically the weakest instinct of the three. However, if all three are listed, the last instinct is weakest. A better explanation/description can be found here.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    So I figured. All my friends know I post here and several of them lurk, but so far the only ones who have taken to posting are Blackwater and Vortex.
    Sigh. You know I'm going to need a scorecard to keep all of this straight.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Sigh. You know I'm going to need a scorecard to keep all of this straight.
    No need. Just trust Metamorphosis' memory next time.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    No need. Just trust Metamorphosis' memory next time.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

<-- And this is the 'droid I am not looking for?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

<-- And this is the 'droid I am not looking for?
    No, sir. I've been with Master Luke for the past four seasons. He is selling me as I am no longer needed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

That's crazy talk!
    No it is not.

In fact the only illness that most people have is that they exist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No it is not.

In fact the only illness that most people have is that they exist.
    That reminds me of something...

"Two planets meet in space, one is looking very sick and worn out. So the other one asks: Hey, what's up with you? Says the sick one: I've got Homo Sapiens Answer: Oh that ... Don't worry, I've had it, that problem solves itself rather quickly"

MBTI
    INTJ

I thought only the moon had a face.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Please don't take it as attention whoring, but now that I have been here for more than 100 posts, I'm curious what type you folks would classify me as. The descriptions just seem too vague to me.
    How 'bout DORK?

Heh, just kidding. I dunno... will keep an eye out. But by this thread, I'd suspect Exxx

(takes one to know one)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen