1 10.00%
  • Other

2 20.00%
First 123 Last

Thread: What type am I?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    This leads me to believe that biological differences prevent women from being true Ts and men from being true Fs.
    That is a fascinating insight. That thought crossed my mind today when I was reading one of Athenian's posts. However, I doubt I could ever be considered a true T, so if I'm also not a true F would that make me an MBTI mutant?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Not INTJ, and probably not INTP...but I don't know that I can accurately guess beyond that.
    After observing the INTPs on that other forum, I don't think I'm an NT. However, I get accused of having a fake F from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I'd call you INFP now, Kiddo. Your emotions seem kind of visceral, reactive, and subjective in a way mine aren't. Hard to explain, really.

I wouldn't take my opinion too seriously, however, since I'm not used to applying the theory to real people, and I'm not even completely positive of my own type... although it seems to fit best. Also be advised that I've never taken the official instrument.
    The only time I ever took the official test, which was about 2 years ago and when I wasn't in the best mental state, it said I was "INTP".

The next best description was INFP but whenever I took an online version of the test I got INFJ because of my love for organization and routine. My most recent results from the similar minds test was INFJ 4w6 sp/so/sx. Could an enneagram confound a personality type?

You're probably an INFJ, INFP or INTP. Probably an F, because you said you're always worrying about what other people think of you.

I don't think being male or female necessarily prevents one from being a true T or F. People have different definitions of "true T" and "true F," anyway. Depends on which authority you're quoting.

What I'm more interested in is, does having a certain mental illness automatically decide certain of your MBTI letters? For instance being a psychopath means you can't have empathy for other humans, right? Then could you even BE an F if you were incapable of empathy?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    You're probably an INFJ, INFP or INTP. Probably an F, because you said you're always worrying about what other people think of you.
    Well at least it seems the consensus is that I'm not an INTJ.

Assuming that isn't Economica's type.

I don't think being male or female necessarily prevents one from being a true T or F. People have different definitions of "true T" and "true F," anyway. Depends on which authority you're quoting.
    True, but now I wonder if males with an F or women with a T would have a more open sexuality? A bit of an off topic question but now I'm curious how those MBTI factors that seemingly conflict with gender roles would affect sexual identity.

What I'm more interested in is, does having a certain mental illness automatically decide certain of your MBTI letters? For instance being a psychopath means you can't have empathy for other humans, right? Then could you even BE an F if you were incapable of empathy?
    A really good question. I think that it depends upon whether you believe someone is born a psychopath or if they learn to be that way. It's also possible that they have personality traits that already correspond to that condition. I think for those reasons, the MBTI could only really be used effectively to classify normal and healthy individuals.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think there is a such thing as mental illness. They are simply personality differences that are different and/or incompatible with the established norms.

Mental illness is basically a personality type that is not SJ, because the SJ is the one who determines mental illness, which is just behavior that sticks out from the norm.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    The next best description was INFP but whenever I took an online version of the test I got INFJ because of my love for organization and routine. My most recent results from the similar minds test was INFJ 4w6 sp/so/sx. Could an enneagram confound a personality type?
    I do not have a problem with your INFJ reading at all, based on what I have seen so far.

Athenian and Toonia both seem to show a very strong Ti / analytical component that most of the other INFJs I have seen here do not tend to present as often, so I am thinking there is a range of INFJ behavior and you are at different parts on that spectrum.

Of course, your 4w6 sp/so/sx reading is completely fubar.
    (You can't have a wing that isn't next to your main, and what is the point of putting sp/so/sx down? If all your variants are the same strength, then there is no way to distinguish a variant.)

Note: I would probably guess straight Four with an sp/so variant... but that is only a hunch on my part, I could not tell you with more certainty without spending time with you.

I don't think there is a such thing as mental illness.
    That's crazy talk!

Her concern for others is because she's a woman. This leads me to believe that biological differences prevent women from being true Ts and men from being true Fs.
    More crazy talk!

It's equally likely that it is because her SO is an ENFP, though.
    He is an ENTP. (self-declared)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    True, but now I wonder if males with an F or women with a T would have a more open sexuality? A bit of an off topic question but now I'm curious how those MBTI factors that seemingly conflict with gender roles would affect sexual identity.
    It's a good question. I do not have actual stats for you, which I suppose is what would count in terms of "truth."

However, there are a number of F males and T women here on MBTIc an d INTPc who are perfectly secure in their sexuality/gender identity... although all of them underwent some degree of alienation from their given gender simply because they do not fit the stereotype and often felt "different" to some degree.

In my talks with transgendered people, I have not really noticed any real difference either with the T/F thing. There are transwomen who identify with T and transmen who identify with F. (I think transwomen w/F and transmen w/T are often left identifying even more the gender they want to live as, though. It strengthens the feelings of "something being wrong.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Of course, your 4w6 sp/so/sx reading is completely fubar.
    (You can't have a wing that isn't next to your main, and what is the point of putting sp/so/sx down? If all your variants are the same strength, then there is no way to distinguish a variant.)
    I did not know that. I was guessing based on what I had seen. Good to know. Your hunch sounds accurate now that I read up on it a little.

MBTI
    INTJ

<Off-topic>

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Whatever type Economica's is.
    This again?

Her concern for others is because she's a woman.
    It's equally likely that it is because her SO is an ENFP, though.
    Where has she stated her SO?
    He is an ENTP. (self-declared)
    My SO is an ENFP who is too extroverted to post here. (In case anyone is curious, this post nails him.) We've been together for six years and I do in fact credit him with making me less of a misanthrope.

</off-topic>

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    This again?
    And I didn't even have anything to do with it this time!

huh: My SO is an ENFP who is too extroverted to post here.
    Oh gee, did I mess up the details AGAIN?
    I could have sworn your SO was Blackwater.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I could have sworn your SO was Blackwater.
    So I figured. All my friends know I post here and several of them lurk, but so far the only ones who have taken to posting are Blackwater and Vortex.