User Tag List

123 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Lightbulb Signs you have lousy Ni?

I know we can all think of some!

1) Can't seem to meditate or think about anything internally. Internal impressions are weak if they exist at all.

2) If you ever go to church while everyone around you is zoned out during worship songs you are looking around at everybody observing their movements and clothing, etc.

3) Can't stop constantly doing things without thinking; little to no reflection on your actions.

Moar?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP

4) When you're writing something you're not really reflecting on it, you're just thinking about the consonance of your words and making sure they make you sound cool/on top of it. Prefer zingers to actual substance.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Man, that just seems totally alien to me! But that might be just because I'm an Fi dominant... I gain understanding about everything and anything through self reflection.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP

But you also have Ne so it should seem totally alien to you.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Indeed. MBTI Ni is weird and difficult to understand unless you have it... But I ironically am an Ni user in socionics, and it makes perfect sense in that system.

God damn I love that system.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP

Socionics? Never made sense to me.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    2) If you ever go to church while everyone around you is zoned out during worship songs you are looking around at everybody observing their movements and clothing, etc.
    Actually... I do that one, too. Mostly because I can't stay centered while listening to songs. Which is funny because I'm actually zoned out the rest of the time, when things are quiet and there's no sudden movement. Any noise or sudden movement tends to push me into alert/observation mode, though.
    3) Can't stop constantly doing things without thinking; little to no reflection on your actions.
    That doesn't sound so much like the absence of Ni so much as the presence of Se. If your Se is strong enough, you'll tend to act like this and Ni will just work WHILE you act instead of BEFORE.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Actually... I do that one, too. Mostly because I can't stay centered while listening to songs. Which is funny because I'm actually zoned out the rest of the time, when things are quiet and there's no sudden movement. Any noise or sudden movement tends to push me into alert/observation mode, though.
    Ah yeah, well hm, I do zone out sometimes when nothing's going on and think about things. But I think I'm usually tired when that happens anyway. In general I'm pretty aware of things around me. I'm always keeping tabs on where everybody is at any one point in time, for instance, even if I'm zoned out.

My deal is I can't enjoy the zone out fests very much. They're half-hearted at best and I have little imagination. So it's not very satisfying. That's why I'd rather just be doing something fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That doesn't sound so much like the absence of Ni so much as the presence of Se. If your Se is strong enough, you'll tend to act like this and Ni will just work WHILE you act instead of BEFORE.
    Hm, interesting. What do you mean?
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Ah yeah, well hm, I do zone out sometimes when nothing's going on and think about things. But I think I'm usually tired when that happens anyway.
    Makes sense for an SP.
    In general I'm pretty aware of things around me. I'm always keeping tabs on where everybody is at any one point in time, for instance, even if I'm zoned out.
    Yes, I think that's something I do as well... which is why sudden noise or movement snaps me out of it. In fact, the biggest difference between myself and an SP isn't whether I notice what's going on around me, but the fact that I'm more likely to respond with aversion or annoyance to it rather than attraction.

Hm, interesting. What do you mean?
    You don't have to stop acting for Ni to work. Ni can work out a situation in the background while you're doing something. Granted, it works better if you sit still, but it's not a requirement... it can piece things together on the go (it may actually work better for SPs when used that way). In fact, it can get a holistic picture of what you need to do next that you'll be compelled to act on, without quite understanding it, a lot faster than Ne can.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Indeed. MBTI Ni is weird and difficult to understand unless you have it... But I ironically am an Ni user in socionics, and it makes perfect sense in that system.

God damn I love that system.
    Ni is far easier to understand in Socionics, however I think the Pi functions do a little too much "processing" and decision making than they should, and the Ji functions don't do enough. Especially for Pe functions, they are "doing" functions; Se and Ne actually direct how you change your environment instead of simply supplying your internal judgments with information, very opposite to what I think of as perceiving functions.

It's a good system, but I still have trouble reconciling it with my personal thoughts.