Enneagram
    5w4 sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    <image>
    Awesome, don't know why I didn't think of googling it, I thought it was either a jumbled word (which it wasn't), or a different language. I'd say the eyes on the alien really separate the two, those eyes are seriously piercing.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Oh yes, they are different, I wasn't implying that aphemix was portraying the big guy, it's just the first thing that came to my mind.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Oh yes, they are different, I wasn't implying that aphemix was portraying the big guy, it's just the first thing that came to my mind.
    I can see why, it looks really intriguing, like it's from a parallel world or something. It's funny how "aliens" have such human features, it's unlikely that they would really have such features unless they had some kind of influence from us... but there are other possibilities, perhaps arms, legs, hands, eyes are all at a crux point of evolution, or maybe there is some kind of creator going around experimenting with new things. It's much more likely that some imaginative person thought they'd combine features of everything they've seen into something new, and then just label it as an alien. If people were creating something from nothing, with all new kinds of features that don't exist on this planet, then you could be certain that someone has actually encountered an alien. For the most part, people with those claims are dreaming, hallucinating or viewing tricks of the eye. There's still hope that they exist!! And it's probably much better to know that we could possibly observe something like that from a distance, rather than know they're already here. /ends rambling tangent that was thoroughly enjoyed lol
    5 3 9

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, it is true that all the aliens and creatures that we create are often very similar to ourselves. Even those that are more influenced by other animals on our planet, are often made scarier and more intriguing by adding human qualities. Mental or physical.

If the alien was indeed completely alien, I imagine it would be hard to hold on to anything in it. We add elements that we already find scary - empty eyes, fearsome claws and teeth, wings, overextended limbs, height, etc. Exaggerated and alien, but with firm roots in what we know. In Stanislaw Lem's "Solaris", the alien entity is essentially a big ocean covering a planet, but it gets the most interesting when it interacts with humans and mimics them.

Lovecraft's stories are interesting in that they actually try to alienate the creatures in them. Certainly, there are similar qualities, and Cthulhu is actually quite human-like in appearance, but it's the mentality that sets them apart. They are not ugly, evil creatures out to get humanity, or cause chaos. They are just enormous entities who tend to not even notice humans. We are like bugs, and their presence drives us mad. While the scariest part of his stories isn't actually those creatures, but it's the very knowledge of them, and all else that lay in the infinite universe.

Lovecraft himself put it quite well in his "The Call of Cthulhu":

- "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. "

Also, about the appearance of aliens. In Lovecraft's case it is also the matter of how the artist depicts them. As Lovecraft himself always maintains that the aliens are unimaginable and can't be correlated by the human mind. But of course, the artist has to grab unto something.

Here's a more bizarre alien influenced by one of his writings:

/End epic derail.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Anal-yze me on this:

I identify with it.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Yes, I can't help but want to know what something unimaginable really looks like... it's like the fourth dimension, you wouldn't know it until you've seen it. Thinking about aliens and drawing them is much more of an indulgence than anything, the characteristics chosen to depict are depicted for their shock value, to stimulate mysteriousness and satiate our fear of the unknown.

This thread is still quite open for more submitted drawings, despite such derailment
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Erm... You double-posted.

And you didn't answer me.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    Anal-yze me on this:

I identify with it.
    I completely missed this
    The moon is a symbol of femininity, are you a girl dragon? . The entire picture screams of mysteriousness. You are likely overwhelmed by duty and you've found (or are seeking) a quieter, more comfortable place in which you don't need to appear strong and will not be judged. Even in this place, you've still carried your duties with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    Erm... You double-posted.

And you didn't answer me.
    I only clicked post once, I must be malfunctioning.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

No, I am not a girl. The moon, I thought, symbolized Isolation and Observance... Being cut off from the rest of society and watching it with morbid interest.
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe