User Tag List

First 45678 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Having poor Fi essentially means being unattentive to your own personal values.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Dali

I read the first post and thought it was a little indulgent to label your own characteristics with such a sweeping title then I read the thread and saw many approving of it and thought... wow... this explains a lot.

Interesting. I'm learning. Keep posting, people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

1. You don't "get" most poetry.

2. You can easily make other kinds of evaluations and choices, but you never seem to know what you really want, and find it frustrating that people ask you this all the time.

3. The only kind of art you can really appreciate is surrealism, M.C. Escher, and a few classical or Renaissance pieces... for the sense of proportion.

4. You think most of Shakespeare's stuff is schmaltzy.

5. You have no moral problem (though at times might have an intellectual problem) with following the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

6. You don't understand what people are talking about when they want things to be "authentic and real." What, do they think I'm lying about something, or I'm an impostor?

7. People tell you (much to your confusion) that you're completely insensitive to "visceral reactions," and thus extremely offensive to many people, despite your best efforts to be polite/considerate.

8. You think people with strong personal convictions about right/wrong which have no basis in anything other than their own feelings are stupid, childish, backwards, uncooperative, and irrational.

9. You think "personal accountability" is for suckers and scapegoats.

10. Your sense of ethics is based almost entirely on how your actions make other people feel about you.

11. You've been compared to a politician more times than you care to remember.

12. You don't appreciate when people claim a "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something. To you, this makes it better.

Well, what are yours? Anyone else here have lousy Fi?

The bolded parts are the ones I partially relate to, but overall, I have great Fi.

Good list.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

For some reason my first reaction was that I can identify with majority of these, after some more consideration though I concluded I can mostly relate only to 2, 5, and 8.
    However, I still can partially relate to many others: I don't get some poetry, maybe even a lot of it, I'm not sure; and I'm no expert in art, although I can appreciate a lot of it, but usually not really for it's "symbolic meaning"..
    How exactly do you define "personal accountability"?
    And I imagine claiming "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something could seem cheesy to me

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    1. You don't "get" most poetry.

2. You can easily make other kinds of evaluations and choices, but you never seem to know what you really want, and find it frustrating that people ask you this all the time.

3. The only kind of art you can really appreciate is surrealism, M.C. Escher, and a few classical or Renaissance pieces... for the sense of proportion.

4. You think most of Shakespeare's stuff is schmaltzy.

5. You have no moral problem (though at times might have an intellectual problem) with following the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

6. You don't understand what people are talking about when they want things to be "authentic and real." What, do they think I'm lying about something, or I'm an impostor?

7. People tell you (much to your confusion) that you're completely insensitive to "visceral reactions," and thus extremely offensive to many people, despite your best efforts to be polite/considerate.

8. You think people with strong personal convictions about right/wrong which have no basis in anything other than their own feelings are stupid, childish, backwards, uncooperative, and irrational.

9. You think "personal accountability" is for suckers and scapegoats.

10. Your sense of ethics is based almost entirely on how your actions make other people feel about you.

11. You've been compared to a politician more times than you care to remember.

12. You don't appreciate when people claim a "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something. To you, this makes it better.

Well, what are yours? Anyone else here have lousy Fi?

Oh damn you nailed it head on! I these are so me as well.

One for me would be telling someone I loved them when I really didnt, but it was the appropriate time, and they had just said it... ugh that one gets messy.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Having poor Fi essentially means being unattentive to your own personal values.
    I disagree. It just means having personal values that aren't completely based upon your own personal feelings and desires. One can have poor Fi but still be attentive to his/her own system of values; their values just don't coincide with their own emotional whims.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I disagree. It just means having personal values that aren't completely based upon your own personal feelings and desires. One can have poor Fi but still be attentive to his/her own system of values; their values just don't coincide with their own emotional whims.
    I think you're grossly oversimplifying Fi when you describe it as having "values" which "coincide with their own emotional whims."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think you're grossly oversimplifying Fi when you describe it as having "values" which "coincide with their own emotional whims."
    I'm simplifying it to its core motivating force, but it's not a gross oversimplification. Sure, the tone of that statement puts Fi in a slightly negative light, but that just has to do with my own personal angst towards strong Fi users and should be taken with nothing more than a grain of salt.

Most Fi users can't really provide any real reason as to why they hold a certain view. They have a lot of convictions, but upon asking them why they hold these beliefs, they can't really come up with any meaningful reason; it ultimately boils down to how they "feel." I'm not trying to insult Fi; I do think it has its place in society. However, I don't really see how it is inherently anything but irrational at its core.

I'm ready and willing to see another's perspective on Fi, but I'm skeptical as to how much it will change my opinion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm simplifying it to its core motivating force, but it's not a gross oversimplification. Sure, the tone of that statement puts Fi in a slightly negative light, but that just has to do with my own personal angst towards strong Fi users and should be taken with nothing more than a grain of salt.

Most Fi users can't really provide any real reason as to why they hold a certain view. They have a lot of convictions, but upon asking them why they hold these beliefs, they can't really come up with any meaningful reason; it ultimately boils down to how they "feel." I'm not trying to insult Fi; I do think it has its place in society. However, I don't really see how it is inherently anything but irrational at its core.
    Fi values truth, harmony, and authenticity. Fi allows other people to be who they are as long as the others don't tread heavily upon Fi's values. Fi has empathy for other people. Fi in action often promotes causes which aren't necessarily popular with mainstream society, therefore bringing about social change. Fi will tailor gifts and acts of kindness specifically to a beloved person's individual needs.

Fi isn't "emotional whims" - if anything, that description is closer to untamed Se.

Fi also doesn't exist alone as a function in most normal people, and in tandem with Te can be quite reasonable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Most Fi users can't really provide any real reason as to why they hold a certain view. They have a lot of convictions, but upon asking them why they hold these beliefs, they can't really come up with any meaningful reason
    This statement here is particularly obtuse. Apparently you're grouping people who are uneducated or inarticulate or go through life with a "because I said so!" attitude as "most Fi users." I could certainly give you meaningful reasons for the majority of political positions I promote, as could many other Fi users I'm sure.

Apparently you've confused "Fi user" with "irrational moron."