User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Wow this was so very clear to me, I understand Fi a lot better now (Just when I thought I had it!). Myers-Briggs is such a kaleidoscope sometimes.

I don't know if you can or want to, Athenian, but a thread like this would be very helpful for each function. At least for me.
    =universal solution

I agreed with almost everything you said! I did not realize until recently that my Fi sucks (and actually did not quite understand as well until I read this thread) because I never actually know how I feel... Unless someone: a)breaks my heart b)punches me in the face c)does something cruel to someone else

I do really like poetry though.Mostly in small doses when dealing with the Romantics because often times it is hard for me to follow the inner emotional stirrings of a Mr.Keats or
    Mr. Wordsworth

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    1. You don't "get" most poetry.

2. You can easily make other kinds of evaluations and choices, but you never seem to know what you really want, and find it frustrating that people ask you this all the time.

3. The only kind of art you can really appreciate is surrealism, M.C. Escher, and a few classical or Renaissance pieces... for the sense of proportion.

4. You think most of Shakespeare's stuff is schmaltzy.

5. You have no moral problem (though at times might have an intellectual problem) with following the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

6. You don't understand what people are talking about when they want things to be "authentic and real." What, do they think I'm lying about something, or I'm an impostor?

7. People tell you (much to your confusion) that you're completely insensitive to "visceral reactions," and thus extremely offensive to many people, despite your best efforts to be polite/considerate.

8. You think people with strong personal convictions about right/wrong which have no basis in anything other than their own feelings are stupid, childish, backwards, uncooperative, and irrational.

9. You think "personal accountability" is for suckers and scapegoats.

10. Your sense of ethics is based almost entirely on how your actions make other people feel about you.

11. You've been compared to a politician more times than you care to remember.

12. You don't appreciate when people claim a "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something. To you, this makes it better.

Well, what are yours? Anyone else here have lousy Fi?
    Shakespeare is schmaltzy?
    Is Beethoven schmaltzy?
    What distingushes art is that is nor schmaltzy.

I saw schmaltzy pictures on display in Capri. They made a good profit.
    The motif: Weeping blue-eyed children. Lots of pink in the background.

Heinrich Himmler toured in Finland in the summer of 1942.
    He heard stories of Karelian heroes, killed in the battle.
    Young boys of blond hair, blue eyes.
    He wept.

Lenin wept when he listened to Wagner. Hitler wept, too.

Watch Romeo and Juliet in the Old Vic.
    How many weeping eyes you see after the performance?
    None.

Hear the 6th of Beethoven in Cincinnati.
    How many weeping eyes you see after the performance?
    None.

Your child dies. You weep.
    Do you weep because of the child?
    You weep because of yourself.

Self is the field.
    The field surrounds the thing.
    It is not it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Self is the field.
    The field surrounds the thing.
    It is not it.
    Wait, what does this last part mean?
    =universal solution

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    I have a thing whereby I sometimes realize I'm angry (or feel angrier) when people around me are also angry. Before that I might try to explain away my feelings or not realize how angry I am.

E.g., when a patron was very rude to me last week, I felt annoyed and frustrated; when all the instructors and volunteers discussed her manipulative behavior after class, I found myself feeling even angrier.

No one told me what I was feeling, but their comments were a reality check that made me realize just how far out of bounds she'd gone.
    I know this is old but I think this is a good indication of Fe vs Fi. If I were in this situation, I would get less angry about the other person once I heard others criticizing. I would find myself defending her.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren View Post
    Wait, what does this last part mean?
    My guess is it means that our feelings are not a reflection of the actual event, but rather a reflection of ourselves.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    1. You don't "get" most poetry.

2. You can easily make other kinds of evaluations and choices, but you never seem to know what you really want, and find it frustrating that people ask you this all the time.

3. The only kind of art you can really appreciate is surrealism, M.C. Escher, and a few classical or Renaissance pieces... for the sense of proportion.

4. You think most of Shakespeare's stuff is schmaltzy.

5. You have no moral problem (though at times might have an intellectual problem) with following the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

6. You don't understand what people are talking about when they want things to be "authentic and real." What, do they think I'm lying about something, or I'm an impostor?

7. People tell you (much to your confusion) that you're completely insensitive to "visceral reactions," and thus extremely offensive to many people, despite your best efforts to be polite/considerate.

8. You think people with strong personal convictions about right/wrong which have no basis in anything other than their own feelings are stupid, childish, backwards, uncooperative, and irrational.

9. You think "personal accountability" is for suckers and scapegoats.

10. Your sense of ethics is based almost entirely on how your actions make other people feel about you.

11. You've been compared to a politician more times than you care to remember.

12. You don't appreciate when people claim a "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something. To you, this makes it better.

Well, what are yours? Anyone else here have lousy Fi?
    2, 5, 6, 7, 8 (there's exceptions but not often) are true for me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I know this is old but I think this is a good indication of Fe vs Fi. If I were in this situation, I would get less angry about the other person once I heard others criticizing. I would find myself defending her.
    Agreed. I'd end up trying to see her side of the story. With one exception: if I felt quite wronged in one of my core values, I might respond in the same way
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

1. Depends on the type of poetry. I get Sylvia Plath
    2. Yes
    3. Not sure, but symmetry is good
    4. Yes I do
    5. Depends on context. If it is a matter of social customs yes. If it is a matter of humanity no.
    6. Sometimes, yes
    7. Sometimes
    8. No, definitely not
    9. It depends. People have to be held accountable but the world isn't fair
    10. Sometimes. I get easily affected by strong emotions
    11. Not at all
    12. No, why?

Conclusion: Lousy Fi? I think its borderline lousy

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

All but 9 and 10.

Though I never have understood how to determine what is/isn't 'i' or 'e', other than as an ENTP I suppose I have Ne and Fi, esp based on the above list.