First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It seems like you're confusing Fi with reflection in general...
    Well, there's something to be said about it. I think that ISxP does okay with "acting in the moment" but your INxP types will definitely need to process. The N detaches people from action and puts them in speculative/processing mode, the Ji function is being used to process possibilities (of which there could be zillions) rather than respond in real-time on known quantities/qualities (i.e., the "real" situation unfolding) like an Se primary or secondary would.

So INxP will tend towards not acting, instead they have to sit around and evaluate all the possibilities with the Ji function (i.e., Fi or Ti) and then come up with the 'best answer.'

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    If people tell you to 'trust your heart' or something like that, and you honestly have no idea what that would entail. What said heart actually wants.
    Yup.

Two issues:
    1. Can the heart be trusted?
    2. Does the heart even have a voice?

So often I found myself coming up with answers for what my heart SHOULD want.... based on what "made sense" from the data and the needs of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You seem to exalt the holistic qualities of life to such a great extent that you're afraid to categorize it. Although I know that's not true, because you do seem comfortable drawing lines that fall within what people perceive to be normal... So I guess you're just afraid to create your own categories, or use unusual ones.
    ha ha, well I've been changing THAT.... fer sure.

I am currently in a realm and terrain where "no man" has gone before, so to speak. There are few categories left except for the ones I create for myself.

Yep, that's exactly what I've seen in you. But you've gotten a lot better about that lately.
    Definitely.

I think I'm responding to this comment here just to say that it's still not easy. I listen to the inner voice, I leap out on it... but I still get scared, get emotional vertigo, feel dizzy, because it feels like I have nothing under my feet.

If the heartvoice is a spring pouring out of some unknown source in the rock, how do I know the water isn't poisoned? Or that it won't run out in a moment and leave me to thirst to death?

It takes a lot of trust to follow the voice if it's not a natural process for you.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That sounds like Fe.
    Yeah. The needs of the many ALWAYS outweighed the needs of the few... or the one (i.e., me).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    If people tell you to 'trust your heart' or something like that, and you honestly have no idea what that would entail. What said heart actually wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You don't know that you're angry until you observe yourself acting in anger.
    hahaha. YES!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sooo, are other people allowed to point out to you that you're angry then?

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

That brings up a pretty good point, I often get annoyed when people tell me I'm expressing a feeling I don't think I have.

For instance, I got annoyed pretty quick when people kept telling me I was 'depressed'. I didn't think I was at all because I didn't 'feel' depressed, but now looking back on it I realize that I actually was.

Kinda strange.

Also, people often read motivations behind my actions that I don't feel or see at all. I now wonder if they might be right.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Sooo, are other people allowed to point out to you that you're angry then?
    What? Don't be absurd!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^ He's not really angry, he's feigning.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ^^ He's not really angry, he's feigning.
    True!

But nobody's allowed to tell me how I feel, especially if I'm angry, because I don't feel angry even if I am.

It's a good way to make me angry!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

True!

But nobody's allowed to tell me how I feel, especially if I'm angry, because I don't feel angry even if I am.

^^ He's not really angry, he's speculating.

MBTI
    I

6 out of 12 for me. I have moderately high Fi too.

MBTI
    INFJ

True!

I have a thing whereby I sometimes realize I'm angry (or feel angrier) when people around me are also angry. Before that I might try to explain away my feelings or not realize how angry I am.

E.g., when a patron was very rude to me last week, I felt annoyed and frustrated; when all the instructors and volunteers discussed her manipulative behavior after class, I found myself feeling even angrier.

No one told me what I was feeling, but their comments were a reality check that made me realize just how far out of bounds she'd gone.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.