User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know if Fi can be clearly delineated in the way you've done it. I have a very very strong aesthetic sense that you try to label here as Fi (I like all sorts of evocative art, I love shakespeare, etc., it's very very strong -- essentially the Four wing of my 5w4 enneagram nature), all the aesthetic qualities of this "Fi" are strong with me, but as soon as it moves into personal territory (knowing your values, recognizing what you want, drawing hard lines based on personal and not universal values), I started with basically nothing and struggle with it constantly. Around other people, any F I have is far more Fe.
    Right, well, what would you call that aesthetic sense if not Fi?

I believe that you have Fi just for that aesthetic/visceral stuff, but that you use Fe around other people. That's my guess on you... you're a little odd, but who isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    What's it mean if I identified with all except #9 and #11?

And why should any of those be signs of a problem?
    It actually means you're cool. The more you identify with, the better.

And it's no sign of a problem. FPs might disagree, though (yet none of them have so far).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

I believe that you have Fi just for that aesthetic/visceral stuff, but that you use Fe around other people. That's my guess on you... you're a little odd, but who isn't?

It actually means you're cool. The more you identify with, the better.

And it's no sign of a problem. FPs might disagree, though (yet none of them have so far).
    I disagree.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Do we have to call it anything?

Why are we trying to apply functions as if they cover every aspect of in life?
    It's a little crazy, I think.

I believe that you have Fi just for that aesthetic stuff, but that you use Fe around other people. That's my guess on you... you're a little odd, but who isn't?
    Well, if you had to look at my F use, yes.

Looked at in more purely psychological terms, I've shown a large weakness for part of my life to exert a healthy ego structure against the ego structure of other people.

Alone, I had preferences.
    With others, I vanished.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Looked at in more purely psychological terms, I've shown a large weakness for part of my life to exert a healthy ego structure against the ego structure of other people.

With others, I vanished.

That sounds like Fe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I want to call it something, because whatever it is, I really suck at understanding it, and fail to understand certain people because I suck at it.

You seem to exalt the holistic qualities of life to such a great extent that you're afraid to categorize it. Although I know that's not true, because you do seem comfortable drawing lines that fall within what people perceive to be normal... So I guess you're just afraid to create your own categories, or use unusual ones.

With others, I vanished.
    Yep, that's exactly what I've seen in you. But you've gotten a lot better about that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That sounds like Fe.
    Not really. If anything, interacting with other people helps me figure out what I prefer. Because being exposed to their preferences often helps me figure out my own (though I won't usually express the opposition to theirs if I find I prefer something else). When I'm on my own, that's when I have a hard time figuring out what I want. I can't think clearly in front of others (but I can alone), and tend to be unaware of my emotions without seeing how others respond to me, or guessing it based on how I'm reacting.

MBTI
    iNtJ

If people tell you to 'trust your heart' or something like that, and you honestly have no idea what that would entail. What said heart actually wants.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Your stereotypical lousy Fi characters are ones that move forward and dramatically without thinking about whether or not they should, for example, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or Dr. Hammond in Jurassic Park, etc. Or political leaders that create dramatic changes without asking themselves if it is really a good idea.

Someone dominated by Fi, in contrast, will be paralyzed to act because they think TOO much on whether or not they should that they do nothing.

Balance is the key.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Your stereotypical lousy Fi characters are ones that move forward and dramatically without thinking about whether or not they should, for example, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or Dr. Hammond in Jurassic Park, etc. Or political leaders that create dramatic changes without asking themselves if it is really a good idea.

Someone dominated by Fi, in contrast, will be paralyzed to act because they think TOO much on whether or not they should that they do nothing.

Balance is the key.
    It seems like you're confusing Fi with reflection in general...

Oberon

You don't know that you're angry until you observe yourself acting in anger.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You don't know that you're angry until you observe yourself acting in anger.
    Yes, definitely.