What?

>_>

Ok then... *slowly edges away*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

5 out of twelve. I especially relate to that lack of emotional investment part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    1. You don't "get" most poetry.

2. You can easily make other kinds of evaluations and choices, but you never seem to know what you really want, and find it frustrating that people ask you this all the time.

3. The only kind of art you can really appreciate is surrealism, M.C. Escher, and a few classical or Renaissance pieces... for the sense of proportion.

4. You think most of Shakespeare's stuff is schmaltzy.

5. You have no moral problem (though at times might have an intellectual problem) with following the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

6. You don't understand what people are talking about when they want things to be "authentic and real." What, do they think I'm lying about something, or I'm an impostor?

7. People tell you (much to your confusion) that you're completely insensitive to "visceral reactions," and thus extremely offensive to many people, despite your best efforts to be polite/considerate.

8. You think people with strong personal convictions about right/wrong which have no basis in anything other than their own feelings are stupid, childish, backwards, uncooperative, and irrational.

9. You think "personal accountability" is for suckers and scapegoats.

10. Your sense of ethics is based almost entirely on how your actions make other people feel about you.

11. You've been compared to a politician more times than you care to remember.

12. You don't appreciate when people claim a "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something. To you, this makes it better.

Well, what are yours? Anyone else here have lousy Fi?
    Eh, most of these don't really describe me at all (except for 6, and somewhat for 8 and 12), but the one time I took the cognitive processes test I scored quite low for Fi. Maybe I underestimated myself.
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

I can appreciate poetry but I don't go out of my way to read it. Some people I've meet who do read it seem so condescending about it to me, kinda turns me off it. Don't want to be like them. However, I am a music snob. I hate myself.

MBTI
    INTP

Excellent list, Ath! I can relate to a lot of these.
    Something Witty

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

We need more threads like this but about other functions, maybe Ni and Fe? I guess those two would be my most clumsily used from within my own repertoire at least.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

1. You don't "get" most poetry.

2. You can easily make other kinds of evaluations and choices, but you never seem to know what you really want, and find it frustrating that people ask you this all the time.

3. The only kind of art you can really appreciate is surrealism, M.C. Escher, and a few classical or Renaissance pieces... for the sense of proportion.

4. You think most of Shakespeare's stuff is schmaltzy.

5. You have no moral problem (though at times might have an intellectual problem) with following the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

6. You don't understand what people are talking about when they want things to be "authentic and real." What, do they think I'm lying about something, or I'm an impostor?

7. People tell you (much to your confusion) that you're completely insensitive to "visceral reactions," and thus extremely offensive to many people, despite your best efforts to be polite/considerate.

8. You think people with strong personal convictions about right/wrong which have no basis in anything other than their own feelings are stupid, childish, backwards, uncooperative, and irrational.

9. You think "personal accountability" is for suckers and scapegoats.

10. Your sense of ethics is based almost entirely on how your actions make other people feel about you.

12. You don't appreciate when people claim a "lack of personal/emotional investment" as an argument against the value of something. To you, this makes it better.

Well, what are yours? Anyone else here have lousy Fi?
    UM??? That's totally crap!!!! I can relate to so many things on your list, and I'm an Fi aux.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    UM??? That's totally crap!!!! I can relate to so many things on your list, and I'm an Fi aux.
    You are? I never noticed... I always thought you were an ITJ who broke out of their shell and developed their EFP side so much they began to identify with it.

Okay, I'm just being mean there, of course you're an FP. Perhaps I understand Fi so poorly that I don't even know what a lack of it would look like.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just for data points:

Identify with:

Only limited or partial identification with:

The deleted ones, of course, means no identification with.

I don't know if Fi can be clearly delineated in the way you've done it. I have a very very strong aesthetic sense that you try to label here as Fi (I like all sorts of evocative art, I love shakespeare, etc., it's very very strong -- essentially the Four wing of my 5w4 enneagram nature), all the aesthetic qualities of this "Fi" are strong with me, but as soon as it moves into personal territory (knowing your values, recognizing what you want, drawing hard lines based on personal and not universal values), I started with basically nothing and struggle with it constantly. Around other people, any F I have is far more Fe.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

What's it mean if I identified with all except #9 and #11?

And why should any of those be signs of a problem?