First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think it's funny when people complain about the bias of certain news stations (typically the ones that don't share their affiliation) as if all media isn't biased.
    I think that much is understood. (Well, I hope!)

But we can't just do the "Ni" thing and say everything's essentially solipsistic.

The question more seems to be which ones are "less" biased than others. Still, humility on the part of the evaluator and an understanding of their own biases is essential to the process.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The question more seems to be which ones are "less" biased than others.
    Well, obviously that is The Onion. Sheesh...I thought everyone knew that.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

You know what's funny- I find that the best news I get is the fake news- The Daily Show and Colbert Report,lol. I actually learn more from their shows and they are more relevant then the other news shows,lol. I just think that is funny,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Oberon

She and Anne Coulter can just throw themselves in a depressurization chamber and turn the knob up to 11, for all I care. (I'll even shut and seal the door for them.)
    I'll help, if you'll agree to include Al Franken.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Make it Michael Moore and we've got a deal! (Al Franken may be a demagogue but I still like him pretty okay.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    You know what's funny- I find that the best news I get is the fake news- The Daily Show and Colbert Report,lol. I actually learn more from their shows and they are more relevant then the other news shows,lol. I just think that is funny,lol.
    When I was younger I thought the Daily Show was getting repetitive. And then it occurred to me that it wasn't so much the Daily Show but the Bush Administration was pulling the same crap over and over again. I love those shows but it is so terribly frustrating to see how apathetic we are as a nation when we can call it like we see it, even make fun of it, but we don't do anything about it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Won't it all blow up before we can get the door shut?

(But I'll give it a shot, if you help!)

And FINE, we'll throw in Michael Moore too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    When I was younger I thought the Daily Show was getting repetitive. And then it occurred to me that it wasn't so much the Daily Show but the Bush Administration was pulling the same crap over and over again.
    That was amusing.

I love those shows but it is so terribly frustrating to see how apathetic we are as a nation when we can call it like we see it, even make fun of it, but we don't do anything about it.
    Exactly. I thought it was neat when people finally could call a spade a spade.

But then we just sit around calling things spades. And nothing still changes. That's "cynicism" on our part. We mistake perception for positive change.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

I thought it was neat when people finally could call a spade a spade.

But then we just sit around calling things spades. And nothing still changes. That's "cynicism" on our part. We mistake perception for positive change.
    I think that's an NT thing.

MBTI
    INTJ

I remember seeing an interview with John Stewart once. I think it may have been the Bill O'Reilly one. Anyways...he said something to the extent of, "My show isn't meant to be news, it's meant to be entertainment." Little did he know...

I like to get my news from Wikipedia. That way you don't even know if it's real or not.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think that's an NT thing.
    Well, of course -- the "look at how smart we are, versus the stupidity of the rats in the cages."

(Of course, the truth is that we're ALL sitting in the same cage, like it or not.)