User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    True... aside maybe from ass kissing. You're the king of that.
    Did anyone ever tell you that you make the best insults? They're so incisive.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    he gave this forum an edge. An edge that it needs, in my opinion. And there are quite a few people that only belong to this forum, or remain here more than most forums and enjoyed his company.
    Yes, but the mods didn't enjoy his company though, hence the ban.

(see what I'm getting at?)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm not trying to argue. I know you have reason to ban him, and I understand it. I'm just stating my opinion. You really don't have to listen to it, assuming that you even are in the first place.
    What's your opinion though? The fact you (and most posters) aren't privy to all that happens in the modbox is a fact, not an opinion.

MBTI
    ENFP

Athenian, I think I had a pretty easy ride in there I must say... but I did witness some who didn't so your advice aint totally off the mark!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    What's your opinion though? The fact you (and most posters) aren't privy to all that happens in the modbox is a fact, not an opinion.
    My opinion, even if it is completely wrong, is that I think Jack's ban should have not been reinstated for another 6 months. I don't believe he deserved the first 6 months at all. I do think there was more of a reason to ban him this time around, but after the first ban, it just seemed like a little much. I guess I am only aware of my side of the situation. I didn't see a lot of what he did to disrupt the community, and I am not a mod, so wasn't aware of the things being discussed in the modbox. Is that fair enough to say?

AND: I feel like the grudge that some of the mods had wrongfully contributed to the ban. They're rules, and punishments shouldn't be handed out because someone was annoying or smarter than you. Whether or not this was the case, I still think it should stand as a general idea in all governmental bodies.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP

JackFlak was going to be banned some day regardless. He practically demanded it. He is one of those people who forces other people to stop him because he cannot control himself. This is also what many people seemed to paradoxically like about him. The nicer people are, the more they appreciated JackFlak because he likely represents their shadow tendencies. It's easier to let someone else be the way you are too afraid to be.

It is also interesting to see how this breaks up by type. Some NT's seem to appreciate his grasp of typology while the various NF's seem to just miss his presence. Maybe because they're too afraid to be assholes themselves or risk banning to speak their truth. To which I say, grow a pair, cowards.

It is worth nothing that JackFlak would never have returned even if the ban had been lifted. He would have had to modify his behavior or he would have been banned again. It's that simple. He would have been like Randle Patrick McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest after receiving shock treatment. Neutered.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

My opinion, even if it is completely wrong, is that I think Jack's ban should have not been reinstated for another 6 months. I don't believe he deserved the first 6 months at all. I do think there was more of a reason to ban him this time around, but after the first ban, it just seemed like a little much. I guess I am only aware of my side of the situation. I didn't see a lot of what he did to disrupt the community, and I am not a mod, so wasn't aware of the things being discussed in the modbox. Is that fair enough to say?
    Sure, but you're wrong.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Unless you're an INTP (or are extremely good at impersonating one), I'd advise against this. They really don't like other types coming up in there.
    That's not entirely true.

You can be non-INTP and beloved. You just can't be annoying to INTPs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

AND: I feel like the grudge that some of the mods had wrongfully contributed to the ban. They're rules, and punishments shouldn't be handed out because someone was annoying or smarter than you. Whether or not this was the case, I still think it should stand as a general idea in all governmental bodies.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I've got a question... how is what's being discussed in the modbox relevant to the severity of someone's offense?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.