User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't quite understand why so many of the older forum members keep voicing how much they liked Jack.
    Jack made emotional contact with me. I find that pretty rare here and so I valued it.

And once an emotional bond was made between us, we kept it up. And this is even rarer.

Emotional rejection is very common here under the disguise of jokiness or by simply refusing or being unable to make emotional contact.

Jack was stung by this routine emotional cruelty and sometimes he struck back.

He was a classic victim of emotional cruelty and his own reaction to it.

And eventually emotional cruelty wasn't enough and he had to be banned.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Was this
    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Because they value their forum experience over the community forum experience.
    in response to my post?
    I don't quite understand why so many of the older forum members keep voicing how much they liked Jack

I mean, we're a pretty sharing place here; if you asked around, you'd find he quietly repped the shit out of people to make them feel inferior, if you read through threads you'll see he established a firm pattern of shooting down the individual rather than their argument, etc.

IMO, from the way he treated me and some of my forum friends with whom I have discussed the issue, he pushes people around until they are nervous around him and then he plays nice to align those same people to his side out of slight fear. Then he feels more confident and pushes more strongly, and the cycle continues.

I see that some people viewed Jack as simply a strong personality that they liked, but I have to ask: did you really think it was out of character for Jack to make a personal attack about a RL dead girlfriend? It seemed quite in character from the pattern he established of shooting down the individual rather than the argument. How is that treating someone with dignity and respect? Why do you want someone who establishes a pattern like that back on the forum?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Oh goddammit, now I like Synarch.
    If you really like me then hold my feet to the fire when I fuck up. Don't be a Flak-y and defend me right or wrong. I don't need that. I need fellows not followers. I like you, too.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i wonder how many of you who like his online persona would actually like him in real life?

SH, Synarch is alright he just yaps a lot.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

...Why do you want someone who establishes a pattern like that back on the forum?
    ^
    Was this

in response to my post?
    Yep. Sorry.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Jack made emotional contact with me. I find that pretty rare here and so I valued it.
    That is valuable, of course.

And once an emotional bond was made between us, we kept it up. And this is even rarer.

Emotional rejection is very common here under the disguise of jokiness or by simply refusing or being unable to make emotional contact.

Jack was stung by this routine emotional cruelty and sometimes he struck back.

He was a classic victim of emotional cruelty and his own reaction to it.

And eventually emotional cruelty wasn't enough and he had to be banned.
    He was the victim of his own emotional lack of control. He provoked and exulted in the exchange of blood.

Victor, you are well respected and admired here. I do not understand why you feel that this emotional connection is rare. You are consistently praised for your originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i wonder how many of you who like his online persona would actually like him in real life?
    Jack is likable, despite his stepping on his own dick repeatedly. This is the thing people have trouble reconciling that I do not. I can like someone and still hold them to account for what they do. I don't have battered wife syndrome.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    SH, Synarch is alright he just yaps a lot.
    I like the sound of my own voice. I really drink the Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Jack is likable, despite his stepping on his own dick repeatedly. This is the thing people have trouble reconciling that I do not. I can like someone and still hold them to account for what they do. I don't have battered wife syndrome.
    Ditto.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

This is true.

And it is true because emotional cruelty hides behind the community.

If you are a member of an emotionally cruel community, it is a test of your character whether or not you stand up to the community.

To identify with the community is the coward's way out but it allows you to look like a good person.

Jack had more sand in his craw than that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is true.

And it is true because emotional cruelty hides behind the community.

If you are a member of an emotionally cruel community, it is a test of your character whether or not you stand up to the community.

To identify with the community is the coward's way out but it allows you to look like a good person.

Jack had more sand in his craw than that.
    Why do you think this community is emotionally cruel? I haven't noticed that. When I notice a person being mistreated, I tend to point it out.

It seems that Jack Flak was just too confrontational to fit well here, despite being halfway intelligent. It was nothing personal.