User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Jack Flak has been banned for 6 more months.

Yes, what a great decision. We don't need anybody intelligent or funny here, let's keep it lame.

Thanks arbitrary rules.
    Yeah, every user is useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Hint: He was here. While he was banned. So he circumvented the ban, therefore it wasn't really a ban. Now it is.
    I suppose he didn't use those accounts for spamming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Jack Flak is one of the few people here who seemed like he actually knew a lot about Myers Briggs.

It's a good thing that he's banned, because I don't like competition.
    -_-

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I vaguely recall an announcement by Haight or some other admin/mod about a year ago indicating that all known duplicate accounts would be deleted and all unknown ones that were discovered would be grounds for some kind of penalty (such as banning, temporary ban, probation in the graveyard, what have you). Then I recalled that I initially made a few accounts because I never got an email to confirm so I thought it did not work (the registration). However, I clarified the matter and so it should not be a problem. Hell I don't even know what they were now....Hellz it ain't worth it...I think it was to prove a point to say HAH dumb bytes I bypassed the system, but to what purpose? If he said anything, he'd be banned...maybe personal 'satisfaction', but really. There are IP addresses, IP blockers, IP detectors and blah blah blah. Is it really worth it? Surely people can spend their time in more constructive ways but oh well....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'd be stabbing in the dark. But I just wondered if it's true that Jack Flak got dumped for one strange thing he said, I have reason to worry. *gulp*
    I don't think anyone ever got dumped for saying "one strange thing."

In fact, there are a number of members here who continually say strange things, and only a tiny percentage of those who do have ever been banned.

I vaguely recall an announcement by Haight or some other admin/mod about a year ago indicating that all known duplicate accounts would be deleted and all unknown ones that were discovered would be grounds for some kind of penalty (such as banning, temporary ban, probation in the graveyard, what have you). Then I recalled that I initially made a few accounts because I never got an email to confirm so I thought it did not work (the registration). However, I clarified the matter and so it should not be a problem. Hell I don't even know what they were now...
    yeah, in the beginning we gave people time to clear things up and get their accounts merged and get used to the idea.

Hellz it ain't worth it...I think it was to prove a point to say HAH dumb bytes I bypassed the system, but to what purpose? If he said anything, he'd be banned...maybe personal 'satisfaction', but really. There are IP addresses, IP blockers, IP detectors and blah blah blah. Is it really worth it? Surely people can spend their time in more constructive ways but oh well....
    Yeah, it is sorta counter-productive. You might be able to get on, but the more you post, the more likely it is you'll get caught. So you can be a logged-in lurker at best. *shrug*

And frankly I'd rather spend my time posting myself and doing other things than having to investigate potential dupes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

In fact, there are a number of members here who continually say strange things, and only a tiny percentage of those who have ever been banned.
    Whew, that's a relief, as I'm one of the ones that says and does weird things on a regular basis, though not always intentionally.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

(What was that saying about the road to hell is laced with good intentions? )
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." --Unknown, often wrongly attributed to Samuel Johnson.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

In fact, there are a number of members here who continually say strange things, and only a tiny percentage of those who have ever been banned.
    strange things like lighfsdifgiau fisd wos?

Or strange things like the Monkey tripped over the shampoo bottle the day it became mayor of the telephone shoe.

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't know. If you give us the names, we can check them out for you.

*poises over notepad*

Oh dear.

Might as well make this a public service message, though:

So:
    - If you have no infractions/warnings, your accounts get merged.
    - If you've done it before and had accounts merged, and/or you have other infractions, you are potentially liable to be banned for some length of time.
    - If you're already banned and not supposed to be on the forum at all, then of course the new account will be banned. And if you're only temp-banned and continue to create dupes, you might get bumped to permaban.
    I was just asking scary Mod lady!

Seriously though, I'm not good with names, but wasn't there one a while back who was banned, came back under a dupe and then forgiven for past transgressions?
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." --Unknown, often wrongly attributed to Samuel Johnson.
    Thanks, Athenian!

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    strange things like lighfsdifgiau fisd wos?

Or strange things like the Monkey tripped over the shampoo bottle the day it became mayor of the telephone shoe.

Hahaha, we're so bad....ENFPs are going to get permabans for derailing threads, myself included.

Right, what were we talking about again? Ohhhh yeahhhh.....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Thanks, Athenian!
    Thank you, Little Linguist for always brightening the day up!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?