User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    ^ How so? If I were to decide tomorrow to take the 6hr drive to Mombasa and indulge in a bit of sun and ocean-swimming, what in those actions would invite accusations of 'a lack of imagination' and 'poisoning the very sense of my being'?

Objectively speaking.
    Oh you live in Kenya? That's amazing, I think I'll be in Mombasa sometime this August, it's a beautiful city.

And as for the whole tourism thing...when I visited Kenya in 2005 I didn't act like a tourist, I saw the slums of the city, I lived with people who didn't have much money (refugees) and I believe that's why I love the city so much, its not because I lived in a small neighborhood far away from the realities of that country I shared buses with these people I ate with them I slept in a similar house and yeah I complained a lot at the time because I was a spoiled 11 year old but I believe that it was a humbling trip and I can't wait to be there again. The people there...have so little but they're willing to share the little that they have.

(By the way I'm mainly speaking about the Somalian refugees because a lot of the natives in Kenya are pretty well off...although I did see some poor ones)
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

^ How so? If I were to decide tomorrow to take the 6hr drive to Mombasa and indulge in a bit of sun and ocean-swimming, what in those actions would invite accusations of 'a lack of imagination' and 'poisoning the very sense of my being'?

Objectively speaking.
    I am a being so I have no chance of being objective about being.

But just think - your sun and ocean swimming might be enlivened by accusations of lack of imagination and poisoning your very sense of being.

These very accusations will make you a more reflective sunbather and swimmer.

I mean, let's face it. It's a long drive to Mombasa - six long hours - I won't be there to entertain you - and my accusations will give you something to think about.

But while you are thinking, do drive carefully.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But just think - your sun and ocean swimming might be enlivened by accusations of lack of imagination and poisoning your very sense of being.
    Enlighten me. In what sense?

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    Oh you live in Kenya? That's amazing, I think I'll be in Mombasa sometime this August, it's a beautiful city.
    Yap, I'm a Nairobi resident.

Mombasa's a lovely city and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. There's this roadside restaurant that you must try while you're there. I believe it's called Island Dishes but not sure. Will check with my brother on the name and exact location and post it here.

And as for the whole tourism thing...when I visited Kenya in 2005 I didn't act like a tourist, I saw the slums of the city, I lived with people who didn't have much money (refugees) and I believe that's why I love the city so much, its not because I lived in a small neighborhood far away from the realities of that country I shared buses with these people I ate with them I slept in a similar house and yeah I complained a lot at the time because I was a spoiled 11 year old but I believe that it was a humbling trip and I can't wait to be there again. The people there...have so little but they're willing to share the little that they have.

(By the way I'm mainly speaking about the Somalian refugees because a lot of the natives in Kenya are pretty well off...although I did see some poor ones)
    Now that's what I call a traveler; kudos.

Wait...are you Somali? Or a native?
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

Dali

I'm a Kenyan of Somali ethnicity. The north-eastern province of Kenya that shares a border with Somalia is settled by ethnic Somalis.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, France, Scotland (hiking in the highlands, best vacation ever), England, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Aruba (few times, too small to my liking though, had a relative there), Miami, New York.

D-d-d-d-dat's all folks.

By the way, Miami in real life is NOTHING like the miami on tv. No hot chicks in every square foot. Instead chicks that cover at least five square foot all at once, wearing the most disgusting clothing ever!

It's also not the same without Caruso stage left'ing at every corner.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

All of the states but Rhode Island, Alaska, and Hawaii
    England
    Germany
    Switzerland
    Canada
    Netherlands
    Mexico

Most of the states we just drove through, but spent most of our time either in Maine, California, South Carolina, or Montana.

I'm a Kenyan of Somali ethnicity. The north-eastern province of Kenya that shares a border with Somalia is settled by ethnic Somalis.
    Oh that's cool, I never would've thought that I would bump into another Somali on this forum. My mother's from North Eastern Province as well, but her roots are in the capital city.

Dali

^ How cool! A fellow Kenyan Somali! Yes, Kenyan. I shall discount every other nationality in you save for the most important.

I imagine life as a female Somali ENTP is not exactly easy, eh? Our society being... eh, closed-minded ('narrow' would be stretching it) as it is.

Where do you live at the moment?