User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you personally seen a cat laugh?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 20.00%
  • No

8 80.00%
12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Have you seen a cat laugh?

I've been pondering this recently. I had a cat once, but I never saw him laugh. I'm just wondering... is this because cats can't laugh, or because my cat had no sense of humor?

Just wondering if anyone would share their experiences with this.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I have had a number of cats throughout my life (usually only one) and I could have sworn only once did it look like it laughed, it was only for a few seconds. Kind of like a yawn.

I think it is their personality, they hate to be bothered. Which makes me wonder if they had a personality type what type would it be? LOL

So I think they can, it's just really rare.
    Last edited by Eiddy; 07-01-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: past tense and not all at once. :laugh:
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    I have a number of cats and I could have sworn only once did it look like it laugh, it was only for a few seconds. Kind of like a yawn.

I think it is their personality, they hate to be bothered. Which makes me wonder if they had a personality type what type would it be? LOL

So I think they can it's just really rare.
    I've heard some people say cats are INTJs. Though I've heard some type them as INTP, ISTP, ISFP, and other things. But they really seem to agree that cats are IxTx.

I have seen that yawn. Come to think of it, that's my response to most people's humor as well, because it was so predictable.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Cats only do one thing, and that's spaz out.

However they spaz out in so many different ways it's easy to mistake them for emotions.

Phantonym

It all depends on what you think cats look like when they're laughing. If you're expecting something like this then cats probably do not laugh.

I think cats have a wonderful sense of humour. It's in their playfulness. The sudden pouncing around, playful stalking and then jumping very fast. In the games they play.

And why wouldn't there be laughing involved in their own, little sly feline way?

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post

However they spaz out in so many different ways it's easy to mistake them for emotions.

Cute, especially the last one.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    It all depends on what you think cats look like when they're laughing. If you're expecting something like this then cats probably do not laugh.

I think cats have a wonderful sense of humour. It's in their playfulness. The sudden pouncing around, playful stalking and then jumping very fast. In the games they play.

And why wouldn't there be laughing involved in their own, little sly feline way?
    Yes, indeed, I think cats know funny. I had a little cat named Lily that did funny things just to make me laugh. For example, I would slowly slide my closed hand toward her and the suddenly open it just as I got to her, and she would jump straight up in the air with her ears back and her back arched, like a Halloween cat, every single time. It always made me laugh, and my laughing made her purr.

Cats have a sense of humor.

I think they're INFJs, though. Because they don't laugh so much as smile/look amused.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My cat is an E. There is no denying it. I'm pretty much positive that she's an ESTJ. She talks a lot, to whoever's in the room, and is very social. I'm pretty sure that if she spoke English, it would sound like this:
    "Hey! You! Food! Get me food! Why is there no food! I want food! See how I'm rubbing against your leg - that's because I want food! The food dish is over there! Fill 'er up!" etc etc etc etc etc. Does NOT sound INFJ to me

And no, she hasn't laughed. She smiles every once and a while; if you count smiling as a tightening of the cheek muscles, she smiles when I scratch under her chin, and her whiskers jut out, and her mouth turns upward a bit more than usual.

I think that the standard, stereotypical Siamese cat personality might be ESTJ. But really, all cats have different personalities.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post

:yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I've heard some people say cats are INTJs. Though I've heard some type them as INTP, ISTP, ISFP, and other things. But they really seem to agree that cats are IxTx.

I have seen that yawn. Come to think of it, that's my response to most people's humor as well, because it was so predictable.
    I'm pretty sure my cat is an ENFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.