User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default The Psychological Burden of Ants

It's a frequent event (almost everyday) that ants will invade my home in search of food. Damn they are diligent little bastards! I left a soda alone for about 15 minutes and by the time I came back the ants were swarming all over it. It's such an annoying thing because if I'm on my computer, like I am now, they sometimes start climbing all over my arms. What's worse is that waves of mass murder hasn't seemed to solve the problem. Their troop numbers seem endless. One day of killing doesn't impact their numbers for next.

So now whenever I get the slightest ich I compulsively check for ants. It's like my senses are on high alert and because of this I have a lot of 'false alarms'. Makes me think I'm going crazy. I think while writing this I checked five different times.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Awww, Shaula

I have this problem in my apartment, so I'm trying not to laugh at the title because I know how annoying this can be. But yours sounds like a much bigger issue than mine; I never have ants crawling on me, I just can't leave open food out for longer than 30 minutes. Have you tried any pest control? I tried killing some myself and they bit me :steam:

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hire you're nearest INTP/German guy for tips on genocide.

Personally I'll need a living area layout, and suspected points of origination for the most effective trap placement. Or buy an anteater as a pet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You should be able to get rid of the little ones with ant traps. I haven't found anything to work for the big ones.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I have this problem in my apartment, so I'm trying not to laugh at the title because I know how annoying this can be.
    Oh go ahead and laugh.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i have a story to freak out you paranoid types.
    a former girlfriend of mine with OCD compulsively checked the toilet before she sat down, every time, to make sure there were no ants or spiders or bugs crawling on it.
    she even admited that she would stand up again after she had already sat down, to check it again.

just imagining that scenario is too much effort for me, let alone actually doing it.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Considering somebody at an airport died from being bitten by a little spider under the toilet seat... a little caution is justified.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    YaYa

I never really thought too much about ants until I heard stories of stories of amazon fire ants crossing rivers, destroying villages, and decimating herds of cattle.

Kill the fuckers.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Oh I have ants all over the house too. Persian swarm nest that I can't seem to locate. Thankfully that only last for a day or two, then there are huge suckers that seem to find ways into the house, and lastly those smaller little buggers in the kitchen.

The most effective thing I have found was this ant powder, kills all of them, they just fall out of their nests, it can get pretty messy with dead bodies lying everywhere. I can't use it now because I have a 3 and a half year old in the house, the powder is very toxic. So I won't take chances.

Anyhow if you find an ant or a few ants on your food, do you just pluck them off and continue to eat or do you throw the food away?? Any thoughts??
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Anyhow if you find an ant or a few ants on your food, do you just pluck them off and continue to eat or do you throw the food away?? Any thoughts??
    If you throw the food away, then the ants have won. I usually wash the food if possible... if not I tear off the portion the ant gotten to and eat the rest.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca