User Tag List

123 Last

Default BlueWing=SolitaryWalker? And other sordid details of this forums history

I am slowly learning there is a sordid and rather revenge-filled history with personal back stories on this forum. Maybe fit for a drama of sorts (for writers on this board).

I think I have soft spots for people who seemed to have been or are being personally abused on this forum (and I'm not sure why they put up with it).

It seemed to me, that SolitaryWalker was one of these people. What happened to him/her?

I saw a post on BlueWing's blog, which made me wonder.

I am seriously questioning whether I should stick around here. This forum has a culture I was unaware of, and I am not sure I like the culture.

Can anyone enlighten me on the detailed drama of this forum?

I will continue sleuthing to see what I can find.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I am slowly learning there is a sordid and rather revenge-filled history with personal back stories on this forum. Maybe fit for a drama of sorts (for writers on this board).
    I have no idea what that is about. Perhaps they know each other offline.

I am seriously questioning whether I should stick around here. This forum has a culture I was unaware of, and I am not sure I like the culture.
    I hope you won't leave, Ygolo. I enjoy reading your posts and feel that I've gained insight from many of the threads that you've started. You are one of the most intelligent posters, and I would miss your presence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Most of the members from this forum were once members of another forum called INTP Central. Many of them have changed their names, and feel offended when you use their old names. This forum probably started to attract other types, as the high concentration of INTP's likely began to cause unforeseen problems. When too many INTP's come together, that ESFJ shadow looms LARGE. Not kidding. In groups, I swear they turn into nerdy ESFJ's...

MBTI
    INFP

All forums have history, all forums have something that isn't quite you, you may see it at the start in the middle or once you rack up 11,000 posts (like I did elsewhere lol) , my point is that compared to some forums this place is the most relaxed I have seen.

As it happens I like BlueWing, he is very insightful and seriously misunderstood.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INTP

Can anyone enlighten me on the detailed drama of this forum?
    Good one... allmost worthy of one of my manipulative/suicidal family members.
    So in this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ize-level.html, which categorie would you say "If you don't______ (<----insert desire), I'll leave!" fall into?

Seriously, you could have just asked without adding the extra pressure, I'm sure people would have answered.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

A Brief History of MBTIc

This thread should be able to answer your questions.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I think I have soft spots for people who seemed to have been or are being personally abused on this forum (and I'm not sure why they put up with it).
    It was an obviously light-hearted ribbing.

Try expanding your search to threads like "The Insipidity of Sensors," or any point at which SolitaryWalker/BlueWing has contemned pop culture. Or the bizarre idea of his to dedicate a thread to vituperation. His critical comments aren't taken personally, and so he and others should realize that his conjecture is -- however erudite -- a punching bag.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    All forums have history, all forums have something that isn't quite you, you may see it at the start in the middle or once you rack up 11,000 posts (like I did elsewhere lol) , my point is that compared to some forums this place is the most relaxed I have seen.

As it happens I like BlueWing, he is very insightful and seriously misunderstood.
    I agree, Sahara. I really get so tired of people criticizing poor BlueWing so harshly.

Yes, he does say unpopular things and even gets argumentative, but it's obvious to anyone who's paying attention that he genuinely wants to understand the meaning of things, even if he tends to criticize harshly every answer he gets. He tries to help people look past their assumptions and give them another perspective on things rather than just accepting things, and everyone attacks him for it. And believe it or not, he does have feelings, and he isn't just a toy for your amusement. I think he'll be remembered like Socrates, someone who was hated and ridiculed by his contemporaries, but will be respected by his successors as brilliant. His ideas may not mean anything right now, but I think he'll eventually refine them until they actually show us something we never would have thought of before.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I agree, Sahara. I really get so tired of people criticizing poor BlueWing so harshly.
    Ouch, I'm pretty sure he finds being referred to as *poor BlueWing* allmost more painfull than being critizised for his ideas.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Ouch, I'm pretty sure he finds being referred to as *poor BlueWing* allmost more painfull than being critizised for his ideas.
    Yes, the poor little dear. (lol)

I think BW is an acquired taste. I know for me I appreciate his thinking abilities and sheer volume of philosophical history/knowledge; at the same time, I know I have been frustrated by misapplication of that knowledge derailing the thread.

Everyone's human. Him, me, you. No need for recrimination, yet no need for pity either.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft