User Tag List

First 678

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Perhaps you would enjoy INTPc more?

I don't see the point of stirring up dissension just for shits and giggles.
    I didn't do it for shits and giggles, and I hope you don't believe that I did.
    My statement was made in agreement with pt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I noticed that some of you are still falling for the "misunderstood Sona", and for the Cultural relativism that is so pervasive in PC society. I hate to break it to you, but I don't work on those systems, I passed the "misunderstood sona" ages ago, and believe you me, in time you will too. I will not make allowances for him based on his culture as I was raised in the same culture, as were many ex muslims, and yes even some muslims (who don't act like him), and I am nothing like that, I broke free, because I could see what was wrong. I have no forgiveness for people like him.

I could link you to things he has said in the past that are disgusting, and even if it is JUST to get a reaction (which I dont believe since I come from that culture and know how guys like him think) I still see that as inherently wrong and worthy of a reaction in itself.

It's no game to say that a child is ready for sex, or that raping captives is A OK because it is serving the female captives sexual needs too, it is no game to me, and I will respond to him.

Those of you who still think he is "poor sona" haven't known him for as long as I have.

It's not about who has the most superior culture to be honest, the core of it is about who has the better humanity, and yes damn it, I do believe that his humanity is severely inferior.

That's my 2 pence worth for the night, I am off to bed.
    OK. I conceed. Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't like assigning the types of motivations to people as are done here.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    No, I agree in principle. []
    OK then. We'll agree to disagree on the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Understood and I'm the same.

I know and I simply tried to point out that skepticism and doubts can be brought up without bringing in the heavy "if you don't - I'll leave" ammunition. In many situations in life - friendships, romantic relationships etc. it's usually the last option you pull out and in less intimate relations, it can come across a rather dramatic.
    I still think it a case of getting metaphors crossed. I thought of it more like when I tell a telemarketer why I don't like their product, even if free (Yes. I do that in real life.) It is meant as strong feedback (and I didn't want to make a self-fulfilling prophecy by submiting it to forum visible to guests).

But I can see the friendship, romantic relationship metaphor (though I still consider it a stretch). Like I said, I have been posting only for about a month.

If you had keept that Ti under control it could have been but the last little analyze turned it into an intellectualization - sorry.
    Good point.

Bah, being severly amoral you really don't want me to rate your intentions.

In the big picture yes, as I said all along, it was your method I disliked.
    OK. But I can't promise it won't happen again, since I don't really understand the faux pa I commited. But I won't "threaten" to leave the forum as a way of getting attention.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Ygolo,

I think HTB hit it right on the head.

I am not victimized here. My critical comments should not be taken personally and I am not at all upset with others approaching them with negativity.

As for the thread that was seemingly made just to bash me, its not as grave of a matter as it appears. I just made one cutting remark that offended the sensibilities of Fes and it got carried away. The decision to title the thread what it was was made on fiat of one moderator, it does not reflect the overall attitude of the community. L4NBU had a point, I was not picked on, the few incidents that make it seem like that was the case were no more than miscues. We are ready to move on.

As for pt, I dont know how many times I have explained this and how thoroughly. I like to study typology. When I make a vituperative statement about a type. A type is all that I am talking about. Insipidity of Sensors is just about the 'Sensing' preferrence. It has nothing to do with my attitude in regards to the human element.

I am well aware of how groupthink scenarios tend to function. I am very much interested in this sociological phenomena. Yet, the truth is, I get myself in trouble under those circumstances not due to my lack of awareness of groupthink, but simply because I neglect my Fe.

Even though I realize that your motives were pure, I do not at all appreciate how you have overdramatized this issue. And how you have attempted to inquire into my state of my mind and the true compelling causes of my actions whilst having little acquaintance with my posts or me as an individual.

Thank you for all those who supported me, pt and ygolo, I think you've made errors in judgment that I can expound on in private. But for the time being, I ask that this discussion be terminated as I am very much allergic to drama.

When I was starting out as SolitaryWalker, ridiculing overly dramatic threads was perhaps one of my favorite past-times on this forum. It strikes me as almost melodious , that we now have more drama over how I liked to ridicule overly dramatic threads.

All in all, I am at a loss to describe what just happened in the last 24 hours as anything other than ridiculous. Whatever the hell the concern may be here, I think I can tie my own shoes, as L4BNU pointed out.

And for your information. Studying MBTI is part of my philosophical quest for truth. I did not project my attitude about philosophizing onto typology. They are part of the same entity. No, I am not autistic, and I can communicate just fine with others, I mostly chose not to because I find devoting the bulk of my energy to the inner world to be far more rewarding than to the outer.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Come on... INTPC is a nice place to relax a worn out Fe and engage into INTP type debates.
    It has calmed down a lot after all that drama over the summer, spring, and winter, though oddly it has a more cliquey atmosphere and has a lot of social stuff and backstory compared to here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Ygolo,

I think HTB hit it right on the head.

I am not victimized here. My critical comments should not be taken personally and I am not at all upset with others approaching them with negativity.

As for the thread that was seemingly made just to bash me, its not as grave of a matter as it appears. I just made one cutting remark that offended the sensibilities of Fes and it got carried away. The decision to title the thread what it was was made on fiat of one moderator, it does not reflect the overall attitude of the community. L4NBU had a point, I was not picked on, the few incidents that make it seem like that was the case were no more than miscues. We are ready to move on.

As for pt, I dont know how many times I have explained this and how thoroughly. I like to study typology. When I make a vituperative statement about a type. A type is all that I am talking about. Insipidity of Sensors is just about the 'Sensing' preferrence. It has nothing to do with my attitude in regards to the human element.

I am well aware of how groupthink scenarios tend to function. I am very much interested in this sociological phenomena. Yet, the truth is, I get myself in trouble under those circumstances not due to my lack of awareness of groupthink, but simply because I neglect my Fe.

Even though I realize that your motives were pure, I do not at all appreciate how you have overdramatized this issue. And how you have attempted to inquire into my state of my mind and the true compelling causes of my actions whilst having little acquaintance with my posts or me as an individual.

Thank you for all those who supported me, pt and ygolo, I think you've made errors in judgment that I can expound on in private. But for the time being, I ask that this discussion be terminated as I am very much allergic to drama.

When I was starting out as SolitaryWalker, ridiculing overly dramatic threads was perhaps one of my favorite past-times on this forum. Quite the irony it turns out to be now, that we now have unnecessary drama over that same phenomenon.

All in all, I am at a loss to describe what just happened in the last 24 hours as anything other than ridiculous. Whatever the hell the concern may be here, I think I can tie my own shoes, as L4BNU pointed out.

And for your information. Studying MBTI is part of my philosophical quest for truth. I did not project my attitude about philosophizing onto typology. They are part of the same entity. No, I am not autistic, and I can communicate just fine with others, I mostly chose not to because I find devoting the bulk of my energy to the inner world to be far more rewarding than to the outer.

I appologize to all.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I find devoting the bulk of my energy to the inner world to be far more rewarding than to the outer.
    Though you probably should get out to the discotheque more often.

Edit: It's Electric!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ygolo, I admire your intentions. BlueWing, I greatly enjoyed reading that post. I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread, but if folks would like to take some of the conceptual discussions to other threads, I would encourage that.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii