First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I hope my recent posts don't put me in the category of "disruptive" when I have what I believe to be real concerns.
    No, not at all -- one large point in your favor, btw, is that you actually dialog with others.

(Which is why I think there must have been some distinction between you and the behavior of other people who were being criticized.)

Many people know BW from INTPc -- for months predating the creation of MBTIc. Although the two forums are indeed separate and we try not to connect the two in terms of enforcing forum rules, people's emotions still linger.

But... not a biggie.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I do not think you are being disruptive at all. I do find your implications as well as Athenians to be rather distasteful.(you asked for level.) Do we seem like the type of forum and/or shallow people who just like to pick on people for the fun of it? You don't know the history in full (even I don't) nor can you turn back time. Those of us who have been around long enough know one thing is for certain...Bluewing is no victim. I do not think he is even "misunderstood". I have only been around for a little over a year but I think quite a few of us have a handle on what he's about. Several people (Jen,Park & Htb) have stated every conclusion I've reached about him. I don't dislike him at all. I do not however try to rescue him from the big bad forum members. He's intelligent enough to take care of himself. There is a history to this forum but it's the forum I choose to spend my time. I wouldn't choose to spend it with shallow idiots who get their rocks off taunting people.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I can't go back in time to find the context of people posts. But on quick readings, I wonder if people are too hasty to assign "trolling" behavior, or "attempting to be disruptive".

Also, ganging-up on someone who is being disruptive is likely to make the disruption worse, and can often turn a simple faux pa into something bitter.

I hope my recent posts don't put me in the category of "disruptive" when I have what I believe to be real concerns.
    Certainly not! This is an illuminating dialogue and I'm enjoying it. I care about this community and I want it to grow and be healthy.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    I do not think you are being disruptive at all. I do find your implications as well as Athenians to be rather distasteful.(you asked for level.) Do we seem like the type of forum and/or shallow people who just like to pick on people for the fun of it? You don't know the history in full (even I don't) nor can you turn back time. Those of us who have been around long enough know one thing is for certain...Bluewing is no victim. I do not think he is even "misunderstood". I have only been around for a little over a year but I think quite a few of us have a handle on what he's about. Several people (Jen,Park & Htb) have stated every conclusion I've reached about him. I don't dislike him at all. I do not however try to rescue him from the big bad forum members. He's intelligent enough to take care of himself. There is a history to this forum but it's the forum I choose to spend my time. I wouldn't choose to spend it with shallow idiots who get their rocks off taunting people.
    Well. I don't know BlueWing, nor do I have a read on him. But, what I do know is, I could have asked very similar questions as him in my younger days if I had become interested in MBTI back then. I may have been a "shallow idiot", but I wouldn't have been asking those questions to get my "rocks off taunting people".

As far as the types of people on this forum, you may resent the implication, but I believe them to be quite amenable to "group-think", especially in regards to forum "etiquette". I think, people on this forum, pick on people to preserve some forum "order" I have no comprehension of, and are extremely hasty to jump to conclusions regarding "trolling" or "taunting".

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Just being honest.
    So your line of thought is now extended to:
    "If you don't______ (<----insert desire), I'll leave! Just being honest."

With reference to your thread about communication and conflict solving, which category would you say your current approtch to things fits most accurately?

Blame?
    Placate?
    Distract?
    Intellectualize?

Just to help you out, I've taken the liberty of removing *levelling* as an option from the list.

I don't expect to force a change by leaving (I haven't even been here for a month). I just don't want to chose to spend time online, where people gang-up on individuals just for being different.
    True, you havn't been here for a month which makes your indications and threats about a possible departure even more ackward.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As far as the types of people on this forum, you may resent the implication, but I believe them to be quite amenable to "group-think", especially in regards to forum "etiquette". I think, people on this forum, pick on people to preserve some forum "order" I have no comprehension of, and are extremely hasty to jump to conclusions regarding "trolling" or "taunting".
    Less generalizations, please.
    More constructive dialog.

There's also a FAQ on site, if you have any confusion over what the basic rules that have been laid down are.

(And if it matters, usually the mods err on the side of *not* intervening, rather than intervening. It's a pain for us to constantly be slapping people's hands, to protect them from each other. We'd rather have each person monitor themselves.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    So your line of thought is now extended to:
    "If you don't______ (<----insert desire), I'll leave! Just being honest."

With reference to your thread about communication and conflict solving, which category would you say your current approtch to things fits most accurately?

Blame?
    Placate?
    Distract?
    Intellectualize?

Just to help you out, I've taken the liberty of removing *levelling* as an option from the list.

True, you havn't been here for a month which makes your indications and threats about a possible departure even more ackward.
    I am not sure what I filled the blank with. Like I said, I have no expectations for change in this forum (I do hope, but I don't expect). I am sorry about your suicidal relatives doing whatever they did to you, but I am not trying to do the same.

I was trying to level. I asked if I was being disruptive, and I got the answer of "no" (essentially). Do you believe this to be "disruptive"?

If so, let me know how (I can't change the past) I would be less disruptive.

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP

I am sorry about your suicidal relatives doing whatever they did to you, but I am not trying to do the same.
    Why did this come into this dialogue?
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Less generalizations, please.
    More constructive dialog.

There's also a FAQ on site, if you have any confusion over what the basic rules that have been laid down are.

(And if it matters, usually the mods err on the side of *not* intervening, rather than intervening. It's a pain for us to constantly be slapping people's hands, to protect them from each other. We'd rather have each person monitor themselves.)
    Unfortunately, I intellectualized in this case because I was too afraid to level for particular circumstances (since I may piss people off).

But here goes....

Although, the first post by Santtu in the other thread (who has otherwise been a rather sane poster) was combative, the righteous tone, and more importantly, the number of responses seemed uncalled for. He made what I believe to be a mistake, but I believe the response he received was also mistaken.

There are other examples, but I am hesitant to make enemies on this forum(I have also gotten PMs to this effect, but they are after all PMs).

Robot Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Why did this come into this dialogue?
    In reference to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Good one... allmost worthy of one of my manipulative/suicidal family members.
    Not trying to be mean, just saying, I'm not them.

Robot Fusion