User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

There really hasn't been much drama on these forums, there used to be a bit more involving bluewing/solitary walker complaining about non-INTP's, but that has drained away a lot actually, and some tiny bits have cropped up here and there,but it is a surprisingly small amount compared to other forums I've seen. (Bluewing and solitarywalker are the same person as far as In know.)

(INTPcentral is a a forum that has had a lot more drama in the past, as people have said, there's been a lot of transfers from there.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

What perplexes is that some are assuming that those who criticize WingSolitaryBlueWalker's ideas [or his pontification] don't like him. I do like him, and the other INTP philosophers -- Lee, Wildcat, et al. Here's an AAA, figure-1 proposition:

I like shoegazing INTPs.
    I kid those I like.
    I kid shoegazing INTPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    What perplexes is that some are assuming that those who criticize WingSolitaryBlueWalker's ideas don't like him. I do like him, and the other INTP philosophers -- Lee, Wildcat, et al. Here's an AAA, figure-1 proposition:

I like shoegazing INTPs.
    I kid those I like.
    I kid shoegazing INTPs.
    Mama like!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Mama like!
    Ergo, Mama kids!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Ergo, Mama kids!
    Exactly.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Good one... allmost worthy of one of my manipulative/suicidal family members.
    So in this thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ize-level.html, which categorie would you say "If you don't______ (<----insert desire), I'll leave!" fall into?

Seriously, you could have just asked without adding the extra pressure, I'm sure people would have answered.
    Just being honest. I don't expect to force a change by leaving (I haven't even been here for a month). I just don't want to chose to spend time online, where people gang-up on individuals just for being different.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    1w2

What perplexes is that some are assuming that those who criticize WingSolitaryBlueWalker's ideas [or his pontification] don't like him. I do like him, and the other INTP philosophers -- Lee, Wildcat, et al. Here's an AAA, figure-1 proposition:

I like shoegazing INTPs.
    I kid those I like.
    I kid shoegazing INTPs.
    Yeah, I actually like him also, but he's like the song that doesn't end sometimes and that's when I want to pull my hair out. He's an insightful person.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yeah, I actually like him also, but he's like the song that doesn't end sometimes and that's when I want to pull my hair out. He's an insightful person.
    He's certainly smart. However, I do take exception that many of his posts amount to attacks on groups or individuals. So the concept of him being beat up upon, in my eyes, is self-invited by his attacks on others.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I just don't want to chose to spend time online, where people gang-up on individuals just for being different.
    Hmmm. Are people just "being different?"

And what's the difference between "being different" and "being disruptive?"

(Just in general, I would be interested in seeing where you would draw a line between the two.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmm. Are people just "being different?"

And what's the difference between "being different" and "being disruptive?"

(Just in general, I would be interested in seeing where you would draw a line between the two.)
    I can't go back in time to find the context of people posts. But on quick readings, I wonder if people are too hasty to assign "trolling" behavior, or "attempting to be disruptive".

Also, ganging-up on someone who is being disruptive is likely to make the disruption worse, and can often turn a simple faux pa into something bitter.

I hope my recent posts don't put me in the category of "disruptive" when I have what I believe to be real concerns.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield