User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Wow Wolfy, fantastic Japanese.. My 3 year old has a song for you. I know she messed up the song so her older sister finished it off. I am quite sure everyone will recognize it. lol
    Thanks So cute! They have beautiful voices. I never expected to hear that on here. Thanks for posting it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think it's DAP doing it. It's saving them in circular (keeps asking me over and over)
    Have you tried disabling it and downloading normally to see if that helps?

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I couldn't think of anything interesting to read, so I just read the FAQ.

What do you think? Does my reading sound clumsy?
    Nice voice, I feel that you have a very artistic ability.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I couldn't think of anything interesting to read, so I just read the FAQ.

What do you think? Does my reading sound clumsy?
    I must admit to never having read the faq before , But now I've listened to the entire thing! I'd say your reading was not clumsy at all for such a large document, and the fact that I found it easy to listen to the entire faq says a lot, I think.

Your voice is relatively soft, pleasant, and without any obvious regional or non-American accent.

Wow Wolfy, fantastic Japanese.. My 3 year old has a song for you. I know she messed up the song so her older sister finished it off. I am quite sure everyone will recognize it. lol
    That was incredibly cute. You've once again made my day! You guys are like incredible language guru's, I'm envious of the talent. Curious, in all your recordings I here machinery running in the background... washing machines?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I was asked for a Japanese version of wolfy. So here it is...
    Wow, your voice feels totally different in Japanese. Seems a bit deeper and more aggressive, like you're a Japanese General or something.

I had a series of long conference call meetings with Hitachi at one time, and they had a translator. It was comical. I asked questions, and on nearly every answer, there would be a long conversation in Japanese, for which the translator would almost always come back with one word: "Hai!", and it was spoken with such aggressive exuberance!

Dali

As for what I said on the tape, "How are you? (Egyptian slang) My name is Sara. I live in Cairo and work in a school. I speak a little bit of Arabic, yanni (something like means or maybe, used when thinking over a word or for emphasis.) I have 4 kids and one of them is very naughty. I guess I am finished like that so peace be upon you

About Swahili I thought it was strongly influenced with Dutch. About speaking Somali, I had a few students that were from there, but they were very shy and quiet. So I never heard them speak in their native language. That was years ago, although they still send me e-mails.

Anyhow love this thread. I think it should be bumped up once in awhile so we could hear other forumer's also.
    We also say 'yani' in Swahili and Somali! We have the 'kha', the 'hha' and 'aiyn' (You get which ones I mean?) sounds in Somali too so I suppose the accent wont be too hard for me to achieve should I decide to learn it. Will keep you posted on that. Wish me luck.

I'll also post some Somali so you can get an idea what it sounds like.

AFAIK, the only European languages that have influenced Kiswahili/Swahili are Portuguese (due to Marco Polo and his buddies over the centuries) and English (well, the poms did colonise us).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    We also say 'yani' in Swahili and Somali! We have the 'kha', the 'hha' and 'aiyn' (You get which ones I mean?) sounds in Somali too so I suppose the accent wont be too hard for me to achieve should I decide to learn it. Will keep you posted on that. Wish me luck.

I'll also post some Somali so you can get an idea what it sounds like.

AFAIK, the only European languages that have influenced Kiswahili/Swahili are Portuguese (due to Marco Polo and his buddies over the centuries) and English (well, the poms did colonise us).
    You'll find it amusing that my dad has a saying that he's used a lot... "He might as well have been speaking Swahili!" - It may be an American saying, but it's more commonly used with Greek rather than Swahili, I think. But, my dad... Swahili for whatever reason.

Dali

^ Haha, the ironic thing is that Swahili is acknowledged by linguists as one of the easiest languages to learn; it's phonetically spelled and satisfyingly 'regular' in its structure.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

The sound in the background is the ceiling fan that we should get fixed. It's too hot to be with out it. lol

Mo, you know your sounds alright I think it shouldn't be too hard for you to learn Arabic and since you know a few languages already I think it is supposed to be even easier.

I finally stopped being lazy and found that it was Afrikaans that was influenced by Dutch.

I would like to know what Stig's father used to say. Love those cute memory stories.. My ears are open. lol
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

The sound in the background is the ceiling fan that we should get fixed. It's too hot to be with out it. lol

Mo, you know your sounds alright I think it shouldn't be too hard for you to learn Arabic and since you know a few languages already I think it is supposed to be even easier.

I finally stopped being lazy and found that it was Afrikaans that was influenced by Dutch.

I would like to know what Stig's father used to say. Love those cute memory stories.. My ears are open. lol
    lol - I too have suffered from bad fan noise! I was unwilling to truly fix it for a long while. Instead, I'd tinker with it everyday, and then the noise would just come back. At one point, I had duck tape on all the dangling switch strings!

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

lol usually I am good at fixing things, but lately I have decided to quit trying to fix everything or anyone for that matter. Now I am thinking of getting a yacht and sailing far, far away.

Duck tape fixes everything. Seriously here in Egypt if they could use bubble gum for industrial purpose, they would. hahaha

Have you ever made a duck tape wallet?? (For some strange reason I have always wanted to ask that.)
    Johari / Nohari

Independent Director