User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Nice accent. You Aussies definitely have the most charming accent in my opinion.
    Damn, I swear I need to move in order to capatilise on this, round here I get no bonus charm points with my accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Haha, that's great. You sound Irish!
    Good Jaysus! I sound feckin' oirish?

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    I was thinking 90% Australian and 10% British - Either way, it was
    That would be about right. Adelaide has a slight British tinge to the Australian accent, you see when free settlers came to Australia they had a silver spoon surgically implanted in their mouth so they could be differentiated from the convicts, as Adelaide was a freely settled state the ratio of silver spoons v no silver spoon was high. Silver spoons are known to induce British sounding accents. Hence Adelaide sounds ever so slightly British.

/free history lesson

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    That would be about right. Adelaide has a slight British tinge to the Australian accent, you see when free settlers came to Australia they had a silver spoon surgically implanted in their mouth so they could be differentiated from the convicts, as Adelaide was a freely settled state the ratio of silver spoons v no silver spoon was high. Silver spoons are known to induce British sounding accents. Hence Adelaide sounds ever so slightly British.
    *removes the silk handkerchief from my buttonhole and delicately flicks chip off Trinity's shoulder*
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

I was asked for a Japanese version of wolfy. So here it is...
    Last edited by wolfy; 09-07-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddy View Post
    Ok Mo, I hope this works this time.
    Ok, I got that your name was Sarah, you'd been going to language school and had learnt a little Arabic.

That's all I got.

I speak the coastal variant of Swahili that has a greater Arabic influence than inland Swahili. An 'inlander' would only pick up 'madrasa' (school). I also speak Somali that also has Arabic influences, and some Bahasa Melayu; another language with Arabic influences. Arabic is like the latin of East Africa/Near & Southeast Asia!

I'd love to learn the language someday; it's so melodious.

You have a great Arabic accent by the way and I'd have taken you for a fluent speaker had you not said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Nice sounding voice anyway - I suspect you could sing a bit if you wanted to
    Heh, thanks. I'm not tone deaf but I'm also no Kathleen Ferrier. Ah, ok, I'll take the bait. Will post a bit of my singing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    I have no idea what you said, but you also have a very pleasant voice. It exudes a disarming calm, like you are a very calm and rational person. Very interesting language that I've not heard much of before, thanks!
    Thanks.

I can't wait to get around to listening to the rest of the voice clips here. Have only heard Eiddy so far. Great thread idea, Stig.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Thanks Mo,

I have had a few person says they thought I was fluent in Arabic, accent wise, which came from learning to read Quran with Tajweed. I no longer read it, but I read signs and other material when I am bored while going someplace.

As for what I said on the tape, "How are you? (Egyptian slang) My name is Sara. I live in Cairo and work in a school. I speak a little bit of Arabic, yanni (something like means or maybe, used when thinking over a word or for emphasis.) I have 4 kids and one of them is very naughty. I guess I am finished like that so peace be upon you.

Please don't try to learn Arabic from what I have said there is a mistake when I talked about working in a school. I know I said it wrong afterwards, but since I am not very fluent, oh well it works. I really need more vocabulary too.

About Swahili I thought it was strongly influenced with Dutch. About speaking Somali, I had a few students that were from there, but they were very shy and quiet. So I never heard them speak in their native language. That was years ago, although they still send me e-mails.

Anyhow love this thread. I think it should be bumped up once in awhile so we could hear other forumer's also.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Wow Wolfy, fantastic Japanese.. My 3 year old has a song for you. I know she messed up the song so her older sister finished it off. I am quite sure everyone will recognize it. lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I couldn't think of anything interesting to read, so I just read the FAQ.

What do you think? Does my reading sound clumsy?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm not able to open the voices I feel like a computer neewb.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm not able to open the voices I feel like a computer neewb.
    Well, what you're supposed to do in that case, is right-click on them, click "Save Link as..." or something similar, and then save it somewhere on your computer. Then, try going into Windows Media Player or some other audio program, and playing the file from there.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think it's DAP doing it. It's saving them in circular (keeps asking me over and over)