User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default How is your penmanship?

Do you write primarily in print or cursive? Are they legible? Do people often compliment you on one or both of them? Any examples you care to share?

I've been filling out a lot of paperwork lately and while my writing is legible it is by no means pretty. It can be very nice if I actually sit and focus and take my time on each word but usually when I'm just filling out forms I tear across them without any real regard for how neat they are.

My signature is very sharp and long (odd considering how relatively short my name is). It's gotten a lot better than what it used to be (it used to read like an EKG lol). My dad had very shaky handwriting. It always looked like he was afraid someone would catch him writing hehe.

Usually when it comes to writing on envelopes I hand them off to my ma because she has very nice penmanship and can manage to get the address straight and in the center of the envelope. Not all the time but usually when I'm sending out official documents because I get paranoid the postman will accidentally send it to the wrong address.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    Do you write primarily in print or cursive? Are they legible? Do people often compliment you on one or both of them? Any examples you care to share?
    I write, always, and have since second grade, in cursive. My cursive is extremely legible, unless I am taking notes or writing quickly, wherein it becomes a barely readable (for others) form of shorthand. People say my writing is pretty.

Meanwhile, they say my print is atrocious.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    I write, always, and have since second grade, in cursive. My cursive is extremely legible, unless I am taking notes or writing quickly, wherein it becomes a barely readable (for others) form of shorthand. People say my writing is pretty.

Meanwhile, they say my print is atrocious.
    I've noticed when I write in cursive I tend to duck in & out of both styles. I primarily stick to printing when I'm writing something others need to read or just scribbling notes because while my handwriting is generally legible, there are always going to be those spots that only I can understand (most of the time).
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTP

I write exclusively in print. I can hardly even remember how to write in cursive apart from my signature, which I write quite clumsily and very slowly. My print is tiny and fairly neat unless I'm really zoned out. I have received both compliments and criticisms on my handwriting. Those who compliment me note its simplicity, while those who criticize me tell me it's too small for them to read.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

laughingebony - i have actually forgotten how to write cursive. i tried a while ago, and realized i forgot what some of the letters look like. embarrasing, i guess. but not really.

my print is pretty bad, legible but sloppy. no consistency. sometimes i capitalize, sometimes i don't. punctuation pretty much shows up if/when i feel like it.
    my handwriting looks pretty childish. it begins looking more stylish and interesting the faster i write, i guess as i become more cocky. but then if i get too fast, it just looks terrible again. oh well.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    My penmanship is not that great. For most things, as long as other people can read it, that's fine. On a letter or a card or something like that I'll make sure it's slightly neater, but I still don't alter it significantly.

It's a mix of cursive and print.

Mom says it looks like dad's handwriting, which is odd because dad died before my penmanship evolved to what it is now. He was very similar to me in many respects.

MBTI
    I

When I was younger, I had the habit of imitating other people's handwritings. I would change my handwriting (based on whose I would imitate) on average every 3 months.

Now I don't really do this, I have kept to one handwriting for a long time, starting from a couple of years ago when I imitated my brother-in-law's handwriting. I have a mix of script and print.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

You can't read my writing. I like it like that.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by laughingebony View Post
    I write exclusively in print. I can hardly even remember how to write in cursive apart from my signature, which I write quite clumsily and very slowly. My print is tiny and fairly neat unless I'm really zoned out. I have received both compliments and criticisms on my handwriting. Those who compliment me note its simplicity, while those who criticize me tell me it's too small for them to read.
    I should also probably add that I feel uncomfortable writing with anything other than a mechanical pencil with 0.5 mm lead.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

My cursive used to be called beautiful but then I took 4 years of shorthand in high school. That pretty much finished that. It's very legible but not so pretty anymore. My printing kinda sucks. It's legible enough but I don't think it's very pretty.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~