User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Colorado

I'd rate it right below Texas but that would be too cliche of me to recommend.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Houston, maybe?
    Ouch... I'm sure there are some good things about Houston, but I can't think of any offhand (aside from plenty of nice folks, but most places are like that)... well no, I guess it's pretty nice there in the winter. Houston in the summer just *sucks* - there's a reason it's called the A/C capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    West Coast NZ
    Now that sounds quite nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Colorado
    Colorado's nice too - but aside from Denver, if you're considering somewhere less "city-like", you'd probably also like places in Idaho, Montana, Arizona, New Mexico, etc.

I know you've mentioned liking the Pacific northwest (including SanFran/NorCal) too - hard to go wrong there .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Olympia, WA.

Why? The people are friendly (although beware of hippies), the landscape is beautiful, and the cost of living is resonably cheap. It's a quiet town that shuts down around sundown but Seatle is not too far away. It also has a habor and is the capital of Washington. But as you might imagine since there is a rain forest, it rains a lot. I have an ENFJ hippy friend that lives there and often raves about how awesome it is and I mostly agree having briefly visited. Although Seattle is diverse and can offer more opportunies I wouldn't suggest living there because it's very expensive. I remember seeing day parking priced at $12 not too long ago. Also traffic is terrible and the steep hills make driving a manual transmission a pain in the ass. So by living near Seattle you get the best of both worlds. (I love Pike's Market!) Here's some pictures of Olympia by the way:

City Overview
    Panoramic View
    Nature
    The Habor
    The Capitol Building
    Like I said, beware of hippies!
    Evergreen State College (Source of Hippies)

I would not recommend northern Idaho. All of my friends who have lived there have had their life gone down the shit hole. I think Coeur d'Alene and Moscow are cursed. (No offence Idahodians, but I'm speaking from experience.) Currently, it's economically depressed and racism is a bit of a problem... One of my friend's who lived in Coeur d'Alene told me of a story about when their power went down in winter their neighbours helped them out because they were quote, "looking out for our white brothers and sisters."

Spokane would be a better alternative to northern Idaho (I admit it, I'm a biased Spokanite at heart). There a lot of things to appreciate about it but since the aluminum processing plant shut down the city has been falling apart. It's also not weathering the economic recesion very well either.

Oregon is BEAUTIFUL, especially by the coast. The view can be litterally breathtaking. I've past by Crater Lake several times on road trips but never actually seen it. I'm told it is also very beautiful. However I wouldn't call Oregon's population diverse or offering a lot of opportunities. With the exception of Portland, Oregon is populated by lots of small towns connected by state highways.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Why don't you try Antwerp, Belgium, sweety...I wouldn't mind running into you here
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

the apartment next to mine is vacant...

MBTI
    ISTx

Interesting suggestions!

Kelric, I think NorCal/Pacific NW seems the most suitable to me indeed. My plan is still to head back to SF.

Amargith, are there good waffle places where you live?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In a drummers hands, or in a drumstick. Those are the places that beats are supposed to live.

MBTI
    ISTx