Socionics
    IEI Ni

Why am I my only infp friend?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Must refrain self from reading sexual pun in this. Must. refrain. Lord give me control.
    Yes I was aware of the "front & back" reference there too as I wrote it. Thank you kindly for refraining from exploiting that. But hey, it works whatever way you interpret it!

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    any advice on an INFP - INFP relationship when one is an enneagram 9 and one is a 4?
    Oooh now this is tricky ... allow me a few minutes to ponder this. Myself, a 9w1, so shall have some bias there. Must ponder for a sec ...

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    also, do you like green tea ice cream?
    I have never tried it but I love green tea! I shall have to hunt that out and try it!

Quote Originally Posted by bananafish View Post
    OH. Here's one: What is your favorite animal and why?
    What an interesting question ... I love many, probably chipmunks because they are so cute, dogs because they are so loving, cats because they reflect emotional states so well, dolphins because they are a great symbol of freedom and special intelligence to me.

Please tell me your favorites and why too.

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH YOU
    I enjoy your playful hostility and in response send you .

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Why am I my only infp friend?
    Your post seems playful, but really hides a layer of sadness, perhaps even emptiness. You wish to find someone who understands you completely. And is willing to go there. The answer you seek is found by refraining from trying to find others so similar to an ideal you have constructed in your mind, and open yourself to explore the varied nature of others without bias. Some people are good, others not. Just experience without expecting them to be as perfect as you wish them to be. And forgive them for that. And treasure the ones who are special, who deserve you.

And even you cannot be as perfect as you wish to be, so cut yourself some slack.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    *Rubs the mystical NF head for luck*

Dear NF -

What is the most politically correct way to tell your new boss to F**k off and that you aren't going to teach him to do your job when he was errantly promoted above you? In the event that this should be a bad plan... what do you recommend for dealing with the irritation that this causes?
    I have not forgotten you - was out doing errands.

This is a difficult situation and I can empathize with you quite specifically. Your job is to make your boss look good, and in turn, he/she should give credit where credit is due. You will have to swallow some of this irritation and do your best to maintain pleasant relations with this person. Or else work will become a nightmare.

Now, there's always a chance that you will help your boss look good and they will not do what an effective boss should do and return the favor (give you credit in front of their boss or other work peers from time to time.) What you need to do here is be pre-emptive. Document everything. Keep e-mails, write up stuff that you helped the boss with etc. Just a few jots in your DayTimer or work journal will suffice. That way, if your boss is utterly incompetent, you will have to start a subtle campaign to reveal to upper management that although in all sincerity you have tried to support your new boss, they are just not getting it. This won't be a short-term plan in all likelihood. New hires / newly promoted staff generally get a year to prove themselves so be patient.

And I do feel your pain. The key to dealing with the situation is just give yourself a little time to be justifiably angry, then put those feelings aside and try to do the best you can to make your new boss do well. The reward will eventually be either a promotion for you, or you can help get their ass canned if they prove to be utterly incompetent. But remember, you don't hope for that. You always work the high road, but never take your eyes off that fact that others will often try to profit from your expertise. So document it!

Plus, is there any quality your new boss has that you admire? Could this be a factor in why you were over-looked? Study them and figure out what makes them tick. What positives can you learn from this person? Ponder these questions and this will help your frustration fade.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I enjoy your playful hostility and in response send you .
    what NOOOO...be mad be mad

k fine...one more hug?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Always my precioussss

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I have not forgotten you - was out doing errands.

This is a difficult situation and I can empathize with you quite specifically. Your job is to make your boss look good, and in turn, he/she should give credit where credit is due. You will have to swallow some of this irritation and do your best to maintain pleasant relations with this person. Or else work will become a nightmare.

Now, there's always a chance that you will help your boss look good and they will not do what an effective boss should do and return the favor (give you credit in front of their boss or other work peers from time to time.) What you need to do here is be pre-emptive. Document everything. Keep e-mails, write up stuff that you helped the boss with etc. Just a few jots in your DayTimer or work journal will suffice. That way, if your boss is utterly incompetent, you will have to start a subtle campaign to reveal to upper management that although in all sincerity you have tried to support your new boss, they are just not getting it. This won't be a short-term plan in all likelihood. New hires / newly promoted staff generally get a year to prove themselves so be patient.

And I do feel your pain. The key to dealing with the situation is just give yourself a little time to be justifiably angry, then put those feelings aside and try to do the best you can to make your new boss do well. The reward will eventually be either a promotion for you, or you can help get their ass canned if they prove to be utterly incompetent. But remember, you don't hope for that. You always work the high road, but never take your eyes off that fact that others will often try to profit from your expertise. So document it!

Plus, is there any quality your new boss has that you admire? Could this be a factor in why you were over-looked? Study them and figure out what makes them tick. What positives can you learn from this person? Ponder these questions and this will help your frustration fade.

Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

What is the best way to put force behind a feather touch? (I'll clarify that a bit if you need me to, but I suspect you will know what I'm talking about.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I think what I hear you asking is how to get people to take you seriously or do what you need done (particularly in a work environment) while still using a light touch. Or more granularly, as an INFP, how to stay true to your personal communication style without having to place undue stress on oneself by adopting another "persona" in order to get said stuff done or effect change with others.

Please correct as needed, and I am happy to answer based on this interpretation.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yup! I give you the green light to answer the question.