User Tag List

12 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Where are the Esses?

Well, folks, it seems like anytime we try to type people or even each other, there is a tendency to say N. Since most people are esses, however, it seems quite odd.

Are we predominantly interested in N characters and people? Are more Ns attracted to the Internet? Or are we just biased toward N types and want to type several people as N without ample evidence?

Of course I do not want to make blanket judgments and say that ALL people do this. Or that we ONLY talk about Ns.

It just seems relatively disproportionate.

What do you think?

(I apologize in advance if there is already such a thread, but I could not find it).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Still waters run deep

N's love discussing topics that go beyond the surface hence a forum like this is a place to encourage, inflate and rebuild the necessary cravings that are missing in an S's shaped society.

Which means that it is only natural to find N's discussing topics and situations who's delivery is beyond the parameters of conventional speak sense that small talk entails hence the relative disproportion of S's on these boards is only proportional to being introverted. And N's are then more interested in the discussions that are created probably which isn't to say this is so, it just probably means that N's like the internet more. Well at least use it more for this sort of personal analysis than sensors might. And this shouldn't be a fluff topic.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hey L.L.!

I offer the following analogy. I have two daughters. Whenever I get them a new toy of any variety they invariably ask to name it. I offer names and if by chance it is a male name they quickly retort with "Nooo Dad, this is a girl." So, maybe the "N" majority types people in accordance with propogating their own reality, just like my kids.

Being a Sensor is so much fun; I'm glad I'm not "N."

MBTI
    YaYa

I thought this thread might be about esses

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Where are the Ses? Here's my own experience.

MBTI is a crock. It is a system of absolutes and types a person's behavior to classify them as a type. Those types have consistent behavior.

The tests themself are biased towards a certain temperment - that temperment is INTP.

Matching up a description will yield a person's true type.

Myself, the tests continually test me wrong.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

When typing people, most seem to set a really low bar for intuitiveness, like if anyone shows any glimmer of intuitive tendencies then they "OMGZ must be N!" while any S tendencies are just ignored or misunderstood.

Intelligence, creativity, zany or weirdness, randomness all seem to apparently score big points in favour of N but I don't think it's really that clear cut. I take tertiary functions into account a lot also so that makes typing even more vague, maybe i'm the one doing it wrong.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post

The tests themself are biased towards a certain temperment - that temperment is INTP.
    Biased in what way?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

That Human Metrics test gives me INTJ or INTP every time (I'm ISFP). I suppose the official test is much better but still for some people those free online tests are their first reference point regarding what their type might be. Probably a lot of people accept the result at face value.

Come to think of it, I think that would explain why not many Sensors turn up here, they take a test get an inaccurate intuitive result, read the intuitive description don't relate to it then decide the whole system is BS.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    I thought this thread might be about esses

that is exactly what i thought.
    imagine my dissapointment.

for seriously though, i notice the Ss on this forum before the Ns.
    also, maybe the internet is just not sensory enough for Ss? the Ss i know in real life do not use the internet for socializing.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That Human Metrics test gives me INTJ or INTP every time (I'm ISFP). I suppose the official test is much better but still for some people those free online tests are their first reference point regarding what their type might be. Probably a lot of people accept the result at face value.

Come to think of it, I think that would explain why not many Sensors turn up here, they take a test get an inaccurate intuitive result, read the intuitive description don't relate to it then decide the whole system is BS.
    I've taken MBTI in three different classes in college.

First two classes, I was the only INTP. Last one, there was only one other person that was INTP.

In my experience it seems to indicate otherwise.