User Tag List

View Poll Results: C Section or Natural Birth? (Votes are public)

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • C Section

5 21.74%
  • Natural

18 78.26%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  • Other--please explain!

0 0%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Natural.

I actually am concerned about the new thinking on so much induction to fit people's schedules or c-sections for convenience. I don't get it.

There is a place for each of those, but the woman I know who scheduled a c section because she didn't want to look any different "down there" after a natural birth just makes me wonder what is going through people's heads.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I love how she has other, expecting any test tube babies heart?

MBTI
    INTP

C-section. And I'm a freaking genius.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    yupp

natural, though I was induced, so my dad could make a business meeting. I was most likely going to be born the next day anyways.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFJ

I was a natural birth. My mum did have some major complications, she went over 2.5 weeks with me. She was so drugged up, she didnt see me until i was 4 days old, still then she didnt know she had even given birth to me.

My children were natural birth although i was induced with the 2nd kid as he was losing weight, when he popped out the cord was so tightly wrapped around his neck, he was blue bless him.

Got to say though. The midwife cut open the placenta and showed me the inside. Anyone ever seen it, the colour is something i have never seen before. Amazing.

Some people these days just seem to posh to push. OK you have the money but unless you are having complications, you should push as well. :steam:
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    As much as it's romanticized, pregnancy pretty much sucks.
    So true. I love my children - love. them. Carrying them was a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Natural.

I actually am concerned about the new thinking on so much induction to fit people's schedules or c-sections for convenience. I don't get it.

There is a place for each of those, but the woman I know who scheduled a c section because she didn't want to look any different "down there" after a natural birth just makes me wonder what is going through people's heads.
    I had both my children naturally, no drugs, no induction. For many years I was the only woman I knew that did it that way. I don't understand it either. I did know a woman that asked for a "push present" after she had her daughter. Apparently jewelry/new car or other high end gift was expected (I'd never heard the term before). I told her I thought you actually should push to get this so called push present and since she had a scheduled c-section and no labor, I doubted it qualified.They're divorced now but I hear this term much more often.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Vaginal, had both my kids vaginal too, but I don't believe that head-squeezing theory. It is true that a vaginal birth squeezes out fluid from the lungs so sometimes a C-section baby needs a little more help getting that stuff out, but that's a pretty routine procedure. I can't see how it would have much effect on the baby's health past the first few days.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    So true. I love my children - love. them. Carrying them was a nightmare.
    Really, not through complications though.

I liked carrying them until i was to fat to tie my shoe laces, it just drags on and on.

I loved labour though. If a member of my family asked me to carry their child, i would do it.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It does go a little long, doesn't it? Especially when the baby makes herself comfortable up in there and won't come out and has to be evicted 2 weeks after the due date because she's running out of amniotic fluid... not that such a thing has ever happened to me.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Phantonym

Naturally squeezed.