User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Which category would Super Mario Brothers be under?
    Platformer. You notice that they are getting more and more easy?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Platformer. You notice that they are getting more and more easy?
    I wouldn't know. Before both my SNESes broke, I played Super Mario 1/2/3, and Super Mario World. (I think World was the best, but 1 is great too. 2 is fun for oddness and its strange complexities. 3 is just odd- but you get to fly!)

In general, it seems I'm not really into any tactical or strategical video games. Timing and exploring a world and maybe solving minor puzzles and the exhiliration of an experience are what mainly appeal to me. Playing games shouldn't feel like work!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Why is your username Colors?
    I started using this username on forums because it seemed like an obvious name, yet one that would never ever be taken. Not that I would really be into the types of names that seem to be very popular; I'm no dark-pixie-dragon-sexy-sword-weeping-dharma-dancer-party-mensch-Brad-Pitt-fan or any other combination thereof.

And very, very anonymous (I can't imagine it's easy to track someone who goes by such a generic name) 'cause at that time I'd wished to escape from my "identity". Both from any qualities I might claim for myself, or the kind of connotations others might project on me.

Use any sort of name long enough and you start to identify with it though. You'll read into the signs and claim a little piece of its reality. (And in turn, it'll own a little piece of your soul, like in all those fairy myths where you have to hide your name to be safe. And don't it hold your soul? Doesn't your head turn, alert, when you think someone's calling your name? A person holds power over you by being familiar to you like that, by having your name, and you having theirs- being able to hold you responsible as a real-live Someone. ... I've even heard that salespeople are taught to use the client's name as much as possible in a persuasive pitch.)

So I've grown to like it. It's simple and everywhere, and no one much ever thinks about it. All like the things I like to examine in the world. (And boy don't I ever wonder what aquamarine looks like to someone else.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

DV, DA, or both?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    To the moon or back?
    How would we make this trip? Slingshot round like Armageddon? Jump with the cow?

Oh, definitely back. Because that would mean you'd already been there, and I can't imagine how that wouldn't be awesome. Doesn't everyone want to go to the moon? I can't recall any going-to-the-sun stories right now. I guess cause it looms over us, constantly changing and giving us small almost-imperceptible big changes (it makes the days longer apparently the first Earth day was about 13 hours long, I read that from Asimov in The Sun Shines Bright).

The first sci-fi movie ever made was about a fanciful trip to the moon. (And is visually interesting, in the lowest tech sort of way, if you're ever curious. I don't know how to embed. A Trip to the Moon-1902.) And there's the Greek myth of how the moon goddess comes to see her dreaming lover every night. There's no mystery in the sun. What you see is what you get. We all want to see the dark side.

My uncle was a bit of mentor for me growing up. He once told me the one of most momentously memorable events of his life was being able to witness on TV the landing of Apollo 11 (that pesky sun again). A hope in midst of war- of course, I think this is before they even got real TV service- only at night, when a airplane flew around for 2 hours overhead broadcasting a signal.

There's no mystery in the sun. What you see is what you get. We all want to see the dark side... And when you come back, you can tell me all about it, please!

P.S. As with all the tough questions, I also consulted a second opinion. An esteemed expert, the lovely LunaLuminosity- Her witty INTP answer: "Yes."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    DV, DA, or both?
    These people seem to stand by both. Also, let it burn, remove, don't shake, and definitely don't microwave (I saw that one on Mythbusters and the sparks flew).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Do you like bright colors or dark colors?.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

I have a bad cough AND hiccups. How is this possible?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

lol colors has left the building...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    lol colors has left the building...
    Not a question. Nah. Actually I'm finding a lot of these questions hard to get through thoroughly (I'm going to have to find a more efficient way to ask for second opinions), with real life and stuff. (For example, at this very moment, I am "tutoring" my deliquent brother in Algebra 2 stuff.)

But I promise that I think about every question that y'all submit as much as I think it deserves, so be patient wth me!