User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default The NT Dominance in Complaining About SJs

Also, why do NTs think that NFs think that they understand NTs?
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

I don't understand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

This thread is about the NT tendency to complain about SJs.

Discuss.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

On this site or in general?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Also, why do NTs think that NFs think that they understand NTs?
    It's an INTP cultural thing. The Internet itself tends towards (or used to tend towards) an INTP culture and mentality.

NTs see themselves as creative types who want to improve the way things are done in order to make it more efficient. SJs see themselves as practical people who want to preserve tradition against disorder and corruption. Naturally, the two have conflicting views of change, with the NT viewing it as positive, and the SJ viewing it as negative.

NTs probably assume that we think we understand them, because we claim to know something (or ask a question) about what they're feeling. And NTs never make claims that they don't believe are based on understanding. So they assume our understanding is faulty, because in fact our claim regarding their feelings is just a hunch, or a feeling. We know that we don't know, but that doesn't stop us from trying to guess.

I'm not actually sure that's the reason, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    SJs see themselves as practical people who want to preserve tradition against disorder and corruption.
    But that's the thing, not every SJ I've met is like that, or at the very least, aren't ALL about that. But some NTs seem to think that's how all of them are! How is that good logic?

Psh, and they think us Fs are bad at logic. Especially SFs. Apparently, they couldn't logic their way out of a wet paper problem.

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm not actually sure that's the reason, but it was the first thing that came to mind.
    I don't disagree...

But I'm curious how people accept this, given that there are three axises (independent) that are being used, with only one in common. How is it that SJs have this tendency, while NTs do not? Does that mean that STs are more like NTs or SJs? And what about NJs vs SPs?

I ask, because I've seen very rigid NTJs, and most STPs seems distinctly 'open' to change, when comparing the two groups. Both have their areas that they are 'open and closed' to... but I'd be hard pressed to say that we are comparing apples to apples when making the comparison.

(I agree with the cultural thing. It's an identity thing. But, look at INTJf... think the 'STP' would even remotely like that?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Just to be careful here, *dubious disclaimer*, this topic can be taken as seriously as you want it to be, but I put it in the Fluff forum because it's a direct take off of two other popular topics started by others, meant to be a parody of those.

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

SJs see themselves as practical people who want to preserve tradition against disorder and corruption. Naturally, the two have conflicting views of change, with the NT viewing it as positive, and the SJ viewing it as negative.
    Not every SJ is like that, not every NT is like that. Stereotypes are retarded IMO when they are taken a bit too far.

Oftentimes I'll see NTs believe the stereotypes and crusade to enforce them, "this is undeniably true", and this probably is what started a lot of this mess and all of these stereotypes etc on the net.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    But that's the thing, not every SJ I've met is like that, or at the very least, aren't ALL about that. But some NTs seem to think that's how all of them are! How is that good logic?
    They usually justify it by saying the SJs who aren't like that are just "exceptions to the rule" or something, and that a system like type only works if you rely on generalizations.

Psh, and they think us Fs are bad at logic. Especially SFs. Apparently, they couldn't logic their way out of a wet paper problem.
    Well, SFs are the opposite of themselves... the intuitive assumption would be to think that SFs must be as stupid as NTs are intelligent.

I don't know if it's right, but NTs certainly can come up with some convincing theories to back it up. On the other hand, I've never seen any of those theories proven.