User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I meant it would fix the "bad stereotype" in that you would be interacting with someone who is a good example of that sort of person. Of course there will be people that you won't get along with of all types and temperaments, but a good example of that will realize that it's not universal, and that someone being "bad" is a character trait and not a type trait.
    I got what you meant, but ==>

+1
    More interaction = more friction, IME.
    It could also depend on what expectations you're going in with. If you buy into the worst caricature, then the IRL interaction could be better than expected.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Exactly! So let's brainstorm some ways in which both SJs and NTs, on this forum at the very least, can start to get along better!
    Do we have to? I know SJs aren't all bad, but... I kind of wish they'd go home. Suddenly realizing we have active SJs on the forum feels like having company. You have to clean everything up, put on a show, make them comfortable, laugh at all their jokes, and basically wear a fake smile the whole time they're there. Except in this case, you never know if they've left yet, if they're going to leave, or when they came. The results can be a bit embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, they can be great to have around for a while... it's just hard to deal with them long-term, you know?

/joke

But, they're not going anywhere, so... let's start brainstorming.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's not like you learn someone is an SJ and decide to hate them. The way it usually works (for me) is you get into conflict with someone and recognise certain patterns of behaviour and value systems that chime with the SJ mindset, for want of a better word. This can be a good thing as you can figure out what might work and what might not in terms of how you deal with this person. So you can learn how to avoid conflict escalation. This is probably the most beneficial aspect of MBTI for me.

There is nothing intrinsically good or bad about any type. Just differences. Some of which can occasionally be exasperating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Sorry but i dont mince my words .. You get it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Do we have to? I know SJs aren't all bad, but... I kind of wish they'd go home. Suddenly realizing we have active SJs on the forum feels like having company. You have to clean everything up, put on a show, make them comfortable, laugh at all their jokes, and basically wear a fake smile the whole time they're there.

Don't get me wrong, they can be great to have around for a while... it's just hard to deal with them long-term, you know?

But, they're not going anywhere, so... let's start brainstorming.
    What the fuck???? Again, thats stereotyping. I don't give a damn how clean your place is. What show? make us comfortable? make me a cuppa then bugger off and do your thing. Forget it, i am not even going to justify it. Its just your opinion.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's not like you learn someone is an SJ and decide to hate them. The way it usually works (for me) is you get into conflict with someone and recognise certain patterns of behaviour and value systems that chime with the SJ mindset, for want of a better word. This can be a good thing as you can figure out what might work and what might not in terms of how you deal with this person. So you can learn how to avoid conflict escalation. This is probably the most beneficial aspect of MBTI for me.
    Yes, this.

It's not that we automatically hate anyone who tests xSxJ on the MBTI.

Just that most of the people who do things to annoy us in the ways that tend to be most infuriating to NTs happen to have xSxJ in their types.

So we complain. Be glad we have a healthy outlet.

Also, to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by whoever started this thread
    Why do NTs think NFs think they understand NTs?
    Maybe you personally don't think you understand NTs, but there's an undeniable trend of NFs insisting that others are wrong about their own thoughts and feelings.

NTs will make assumptions about things like what logic process you used to arrive at a given conclusion, but in most cases of this that I've seen, if a person can provide an explanation to the contrary, we usually let it go.

Granted, many NFs do too, when the person in question explains the true feeling/motivation behind something.

It's not that most NFs are grossly overconfident in their people reading, just that most people who are grossly overconfident in their people reading happen to be NFs.

Just as with SJs--most of them aren't myopic, overbearing, OCD rule-mongers, but a high proportion of such people seem to be SJs.

Make any sense?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou
    Sorry but i dont mince my words .. You get it how it is.
    You also fail at interpretation. But you lads never were very good with symbols.

/rimshot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    What the fuck???? Again, thats stereotyping. I don't give a damn how clean your place is. What show? make us comfortable? make me a cuppa then bugger off and do your thing. Forget it, i am not even going to justify it. Its just your opinion.
    I was kidding.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I'm sure you people got my point though. I am probably looking at the NT-SJ issue here through rose colored glasses, since I am neither NT nor SJ.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. First of all, you can't fix an imaginary conflict.
    Secondly, we aren't dealing in stereotypes, more like archetypes. Anyone with a problem with typing should probably not hang around TYPOLOGY CENTRAL!
    Also blue what I meant by "imaginary" is one that hasn't happened yet, and it's all based entirely in theory based on types. People on here will think "I will not get along with X person because they are X type". That's what I meant by "imaginary", them not knowing until they've experienced it.

It's odd to me actually, what do you mean by "more friction" with more interaction? I'm interested in what it's like for you.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Also blue what I meant by "imaginary" is one that hasn't happened yet, and it's all based entirely in theory based on types. People on here will think "I will not get along with X person because they are X type". That's what I meant by "imaginary", them not knowing until they've experienced it.

It's odd to me actually, what do you mean by "more friction" with more interaction? I'm interested in what it's like for you.
    It's not based on theory, it's based on experience. The theory helps to explain sources of conflict but it's not built into it.

More interaction is only useful if you can establish common ground. If you can't you just go around in circles, digging deeper and deeper holes. I used to think if I just reasoned hard enough, long enough, I could break through, and reach a common understanding, but I now know it's usually pointless because we are pulling in opposite directions. I find SFJs harder to deal with than STJs because there is even less in common and they are usually more sensitive and quick to take offence at everything I say. So it's usually best if I don't say much.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's not based on theory, it's based on experience. The theory helps to explain sources of conflict but it's not built into it.

More interaction is only useful if you can establish common ground. If you can't you just go around in circles, digging deeper and deeper holes. I used to think if I just reasoned hard enough, long enough, I could break through, and reach a common understanding, but I now know it's usually pointless because we are pulling in opposite directions. I find SFJs harder to deal with than STJs because there is even less in common and they are usually more sensitive and quick to take offence at everything I say. So it's usually best if I don't say much.
    I understand now, good to have a POV.

And I should have said earlier that it wasn't based entirely off of theory, I really do see a lot of people going around saying "this guy was ESTJ, so all ESTJs are assholes". Etc. You get what I mean though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)