User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

  1. #31
    Senior Member Blackwater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ERTP
    Posts
    454

    Default

    if you go fishing for compliments, you just might catch a shark, yet the people who tend to go fishing often need the food

    ---

    economica suggested that oberon fell prey to some passive-aggressive displacement here. i wonder, eco, if you might be suffering from some entp transference yourself?
    best collection of philosopher typings online

    http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My job is a pretty good one, but I'd like it better if I was ever allowed to go home from work.
    Do they lock you in the server room, and give you food through a tiny window?

    Or are you a homemaker?

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  3. #33
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    I work from home, earn about 22/dollars per hour, set my own schedule, so I'm able to go to college and have all the central (sunny) hours of the day for going out cycling and playing sports, I can decide to work 16 hours one day so that I do nothing the next day.

    Really, I don't feel like complaining. I feel like I'm payed for doing nothing since when I work I'm listening to music, I'm chatting with my girlfriend, I can take a break when I want...

    The only problem being that from time to time, they don't pay me for one month, and they give me back everything the next one. This means I have to almost starve for that month, but I can stand it.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I work from home, earn about 22/dollars per hour, set my own schedule, so I'm able to go to college and have all the central (sunny) hours of the day for going out cycling and playing sports, I can decide to work 16 hours one day so that I do nothing the next day.

    Really, I don't feel like complaining. I feel like I'm payed for doing nothing since when I work I'm listening to music, I'm chatting with my girlfriend, I can take a break when I want...

    The only problem being that from time to time, they don't pay me for one month, and they give me back everything the next one. This means I have to almost starve for that month, but I can stand it.
    What in the world do you do? And how can I get into it? You have got to be kidding.
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

  5. #35
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    What in the world do you do? And how can I get into it? You have got to be kidding.
    I work as a translator. The hourly amount depends on the intensity I work, it's not fixed (meaning, I get payed amount X for each translated file, going faster or slower is only up to me).

    BTW, It wasn't always as good as this. I've been working there for 3 years (I'm 21 now), and the first year I was not as fast, and I didn't have that much work either. But staying on track payed off eventually. In any case, I don't mean to say that I actually don't do anything; from the outside, it looks like I'm fully concentrated on the task at hand, but I don't feel like it since the environment is set up in such a way that every instant I feel like if I wanted I could do something else (and, paradoxically, this helps focussing).

    My pay seems to be so high for two reasons:
    1)In Italy, there's a shortage of people with strong language skills.
    2)When I do work, I go very fast.

    I got into through a friend I got to know by playing UT. He was the boss of a translation team, and asked me for help to complete a project he couldn't handle at the time.

  6. #36
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Do they lock you in the server room, and give you food through a tiny window?

    Or are you a homemaker?
    Homemaker.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Homemaker.
    'nuff said.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  8. #38
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    What in the world do you do? And how can I get into it? You have got to be kidding.
    There are jobs in the states that are like this, something about working with out an office or working from home. There is actually a movement of companies who are adopting it where possible.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #39
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    There are jobs in the states that are like this, something about working with out an office or working from home. There is actually a movement of companies who are adopting it where possible.
    Yeah, basically there are two motivations:
    1) Ability to reach a bigger market of job offerers - meaning that you're more likely to find people willing to work for less, and more productively.
    2) Some people are just more productive from home, where they can set their own schedule, rather than in an office, given the right job.

  10. #40
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Well I really like my job. My boss loves me and I can walk in late to a meeting and he will not say anything negative to me. I can slack if I want to (but that is because I take care of almost all my work on time). My job is great!!! (I am a computer technician), but the only problem is that I wish I could be making more money and it seems that the guys "upstairs" want our department outsourced and have brought in a group of new guys so that we can train them. I can't believe they have me training my own executioners!!!
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

Similar Threads

  1. Confused about how the enneagram works
    By A_priori in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
  2. How do you start your work?
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  3. How do you and your type dress?
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 11:53 PM
  4. How's your work ethic?
    By Nonsensical in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO