User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Ordinarily I respect your judgment, Jen, but I fail to see the deviation here from my usual policy. Oberon sniped at someone. I called his faux pas to his attention. Instead of either apologizing or arguing innocuousness, he positively gloated, so my choice was between passivity and playing hardball. And you of all people know the consistency of my record on that score.
    I would hate to accuse Jen of impartiality, but it may be that our shared history has given her something of a blind spot where my behavior is concerned.

So if you'll grant me what the children call a "do-over," Economica, I'll make a more appropriate reply to RansomedbyFire:

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire
    Umm... what's that supposed to mean? I'm the one on the right, ya know. lol
    It means that I will respect your wishes as expressed in your sig, and nothing more.

Though I may have been offensive to you in my earlier posts, Ransomed, I apologize and hope you'll forgive me.

Oberon

Oh, and Economica...don't hit on me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Oh, and Economica...don't hit on me.

Where did this come from?

Oberon

Where did this come from?
    Good answer!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ordinarily I respect your judgment, Jen, but I fail to see the deviation here from my usual policy. Oberon sniped at someone. I called his faux pas to his attention. Instead of either apologizing or arguing innocuousness, he positively gloated, so my choice was between passivity and playing hardball. And you of all people know the consistency of my record on that score.
    He sniped at someone? [clueless]

I had to actually go back and reread this to even understand what on earth you're talking about.

Now it becomes clear that you interpreted one of his comments as a personal insult against Ransomed (when it wasn't in the least); and then got defensive about your behavior when loosely challenged.

And now he's being a gentleman and backing down from you to avoid an open conflict, just dancing around your erroneous comments in order to keep things from becoming heated. But I have the feeling you now think he's "toying" with you instead and it's annoying you further.

I think fifteen years of experience with Oberon (a hefty portion of it in real life) trumps your month or two with him in the forums, don't you?

Now do you know my reasoning well-enough to understand why I'm asking you to let this go?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My job is a pretty good one, but I'd like it better if I was ever allowed to go home from work.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    He sniped at someone? [clueless]

I had to actually go back and reread this to even understand what on earth you're talking about.

Now it becomes clear that you interpreted one of his comments as a personal insult against Ransomed (when it wasn't in the least);
    Recap for the benefit of cursory readers:

RansomedbyFire's signature says said (!) : "By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even..."

Oberon quoted this and wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Rest assured, I certainly won't.
    ---

Jen, with all due respect, I don't think you, with your well-developed F, would normally consider that remark to be innocuous.

This particular kind of clever cruelty is often defended as a mere joke, and an oblivious audience will think nothing of it and perhaps even pressure the victim to 'lighten up' if she fails to appreciate the joke, but the hurtful message is still delivered (hence the term sniping = covert aggression).

And now he's being a gentleman and backing down from you to avoid an open conflict, just dancing around your erroneous comments in order to keep things from becoming heated. But I have the feeling you now think he's "toying" with you instead and it's annoying you further.
    On the contrary, I bought his apology hook, line and sinker. ... As a matter of fact I fail to see how doing what I want () could possibly be interpreted as toying with me?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jen, with all due respect, I don't think you, with your well-developed F, would normally consider that remark to be innocuous.
    Yes. I did. Does that say something? Don't tell me what I am and am not thinking, and thus tacitly accuse me of being a liar.

(I sense a rehash of what happened here two weeks ago. And in case your F isn't figuring it out, you are ticking me off now.)

This particular kind of clever cruelty is often defended as a mere joke, and an oblivious audience will think nothing of it and perhaps even pressure the victim to 'lighten up' if she fails to appreciate the joke, but the hurtful message is still delivered (hence the term sniping = covert aggression).
    Oh, look! : "Ne Gone Wild!!! Wheeee!"

Yes. Sometimes it IS used that way. Just because it CAN be used that way does not mean that THIS instance was one of THOSE instances.

You are generalizing, improperly applying statistical chance to a given situation, and coming up with the WRONG answer.

And when people try to correct you, you refuse to reevaluate. That's not good.

Anyway, I have said my piece. If you're going to persist in this false line of speculation, then more power to you.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Actually her sig just appeared that was origionally a comment that she made to Oberon so he didn't grab it out of thin air.

Also you can see that I have quite a developed F...... and I found no offense what so ever and thought that she jumped at something that just wasn't there. And given that earlier in that thread she mentioned being 18, and knowing that Oberon is quite a bit older and also happily married I doubt that for his own integrity and character he would never dream of doing that. Not because of her looks but out of respect........

and here I thought NF's to be touchy.... WOW!
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm going to apologize publicly for my volatility. I'm tired of losing my temper, and y'all deserve better. I'm going to take a break for awhile, just to get some other things in my life straightened out.

However, I do not retract the intellectual essence of my comments, Eco, despite your request (?!) for me to do so. You made an issue of this unnecessarily. I'm not the only one to point it out.

So, if you want to get past this, you'll have to eat your own crow. (I've got my own share of crow to eat and don't have room to eat yours as well.) That's only fair, I think.

Bon appetit.