User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 47

  1. #11
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...
    Rest assured, I certainly won't.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Rest assured, I certainly won't.
    Umm... what's that supposed to mean? I'm the one on the right, ya know. lol
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

  3. #13
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    My job situation is actually not too bad right now.

    For a very long time, I very much hated it because I'd rather be doing more creative things. But family concerns, the need for benefits, etc., all tend to repel one from the lifestyle of the starving artist.

    My boss even came to me recently and offered to move me from technical writing / jack-of-all-trades and into development, if I wanted to pursue it. Now I'm considering it, partly just to expand my knowledge and partly because of the accompanying bump in pay. I'm an incurable romantic in terms of philosophy, but the cruel reality is that money is always nice to have.

    My particular coworkers are all fun, competent, and nice; no one backstabs anyone else, I can trust their skills and intentions; I like them all; my boss is intelligent and professional and sympathetic and competent; I have a cube tucked out of the way of traffic.

    My only issue is that it is far too easy for me to get distracted. I tend to perform best when under specific deadlines; otherwise things drag out for me. So often I feel like my days are wasted. However, if I moved into development, I would have a more structured schedule, which would keep me on task.

    (Well, and the other issue is that this is a conservative company in some ways and I wish it was a little more progressive.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #14
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Rest assured, I certainly won't.
    I see your Fe is coming along nicely, Oberon. :rolli:

  5. #15
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I see your Fe is coming along nicely, Oberon. :rolli:
    [snerk!]

    You know how when someone says "Who?" and you respond "Who's on first," then they say "I don't know" and you say "Third base" and you can then laugh about it because you've reiterated a comic set piece?

    Well, Ransomed and I just did that very thing, though I don't know if she was aware of it. The set piece goes like this:

    Her: Don't hit on me!
    Me: I won't.
    Her: Why not?

    Yes, it was small and weak, but I thought it was funny, and of course that's the important thing...

  6. #16
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Yes, it was small and weak, but I thought it was funny, and of course that's the important thing...
    I'm glad you pared the script down from four lines (where line #4 in the past would have been, "Well... okay, if you insist!")

    I'm SOOOOOO proud of my little snookums!!!

    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #17
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    [snerk!]

    You know how (...)
    There's no need to explain, Oberon. I know you were being clever at the cost of hurting someone's feelings. It's a classic immature ENTP thing.

    AFAIK you can't plead youth as an excuse, so is it simply a question of passive-aggressive displacement - or do you perhaps need to take any chance you get to show off your wit to a discerning audience because your ISFJ wife fails to fully value you for it?

  8. #18
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    There's no need to explain, Oberon. I know you were being clever at the cost of hurting someone's feelings. It's a classic immature ENTP thing.

    AFAIK you can't plead youth as an excuse, so is it simply a question of passive-aggressive displacement - or do you perhaps need to take any chance you get to show off your wit to a discerning audience because your ISFJ wife fails to fully value you for it?
    We can psychoanalyze me here if you like, but a worse thread hijack I would be hard-pressed to think of. If you prefer, we can just agree that I'm immature and passive-aggressive, and let it go at that.

    As for my ISFJ wife, she puts up with a great deal of crap from me, most of which she finds incomprehensible. Despite some foibles I like to grouch about, she is for the most part an utter saint.

    I see that you're a J. If I didn't know before, I certainly know now.

  9. #19
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    There's no need to explain, Oberon. I know you were being clever at the cost of hurting someone's feelings. It's a classic immature ENTP thing.

    AFAIK you can't plead youth as an excuse, so is it simply a question of passive-aggressive displacement - or do you perhaps need to take any chance you get to show off your wit to a discerning audience because your ISFJ wife fails to fully value you for it?
    OUCH.

    Do you have an itchy trigger-finger today, Eco?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #20
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    OUCH.

    Do you have an itchy trigger-finger today, Eco?
    Ordinarily I respect your judgment, Jen, but I fail to see the deviation here from my usual policy. Oberon sniped at someone. I called his faux pas to his attention. Instead of either apologizing or arguing innocuousness, he positively gloated, so my choice was between passivity and playing hardball. And you of all people know the consistency of my record on that score.

Similar Threads

  1. Confused about how the enneagram works
    By A_priori in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
  2. How do you start your work?
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  3. How do you and your type dress?
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 11:53 PM
  4. How's your work ethic?
    By Nonsensical in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO