User Tag List

First 234561454104 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 1052

  1. #31
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Moved from Bonfire.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Ah, the ol' move-the-thread trick, eh?

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    White gold and for that matter 14k yellow gold is an alloy normal in white gold it's mixed with nickel, in the case of 14k 14 parts gold 10 parts nickel. Pure gold is much more orange than what you see in this ring and too soft to wear as a ring.
    True, but why get a gold ring if it doesn't even look like gold? That's really what I was getting at, I don't understand the recent fascination with 'white gold'. Why buy a gold ring that looks like a silver ring?

  4. #34
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    White gold and for that matter 14k yellow gold is an alloy normal in white gold it's mixed with nickel, in the case of 14k 14 parts gold 10 parts nickel. Pure gold is much more orange than what you see in this ring and too soft to wear as a ring.
    Interesting..when I went to Russia and shopped (as girls tend to do ), the jewelry there was way more of a soft orange (strawberry blonde), and way more pretty than that harsh yellow they sell over here. Think I'll get my rings from Russia from now on

    Also, white gold is more pricy than normal gold..so there must be something added to it that amps up the price, no? Otherwise, I'll go for platinum instead


    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    True, but why get a gold ring if it doesn't even look like gold? That's really what I was getting at, I don't understand the recent fascination with 'white gold'. Why buy a gold ring that looks like a silver ring?
    Coz yellow gold really doesn't work with my skincolor (god, I'm girly today)
    And I tend to wear mostly silver yes, but somehow gold feels more special and precious..advertizing I guess
    Also, gold designs tend to be of better quality when it comes to craftmanship I feel, as it is treated as more precious. A lot of silver rings are pretty but not 'wow' pretty. Gold rings tend to be more in the 'wow' range.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    If gold "feels more special and precious" then, again: why wear a gold ring that looks like a silver one? You're not 'advertising' anything differently than you would if you wore a silver ring.

    But then again rings are just metal annuli to me, I don't (can't) distinguish between 'pretty' and 'wow-pretty'.

  6. #36
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    True, but why get a gold ring if it doesn't even look like gold? That's really what I was getting at, I don't understand the recent fascination with 'white gold'. Why buy a gold ring that looks like a silver ring?
    Bad idea to set diamonds in silver, titanium can't be resized and it's brittle, platinum is 4 times as expensive and, I think you're starting to get the point.

    I have always worn white gold so I didn't think it was just a fad.

  7. #37
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    I've learned more about jewelry than I ever knew before in my whole life. I know nothing outside of "Its pretty." It could be plastic, and I still treat it like diamonds if it's pretty..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #38
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    If gold "feels more special and precious" then, again: why wear a gold ring that looks like a silver one? You're not 'advertising' anything differently than you would if you wore a silver ring.

    But then again rings are just metal annuli to me, I don't (can't) distinguish between 'pretty' and 'wow-pretty'.
    Cause it's not about what you project into the world, but what is authentic. I'll know it's real, therefore it's more special to me
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    I... Fuck, I don't even care to understand anymore...

    Maybe I need this ring so that I will understand why some people prefer 'white gold'.

  10. #40
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I... Fuck, I don't even care to understand anymore...

    Maybe I need this ring so that I will understand why some people prefer 'white gold'.
    LOL, you're adorable
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. Passive voice is to be abused in this thread
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 01:31 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:18 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 02:53 PM
  4. Last person to post on this thread wins
    By tenINsFJ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 05:56 PM
  5. If a noob posts in this forum and no one reads it am I really here?
    By Delilah in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO