User Tag List

First 234561454104 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Moved from Bonfire.

Ah, the ol' move-the-thread trick, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    White gold and for that matter 14k yellow gold is an alloy normal in white gold it's mixed with nickel, in the case of 14k 14 parts gold 10 parts nickel. Pure gold is much more orange than what you see in this ring and too soft to wear as a ring.
    True, but why get a gold ring if it doesn't even look like gold? That's really what I was getting at, I don't understand the recent fascination with 'white gold'. Why buy a gold ring that looks like a silver ring?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    White gold and for that matter 14k yellow gold is an alloy normal in white gold it's mixed with nickel, in the case of 14k 14 parts gold 10 parts nickel. Pure gold is much more orange than what you see in this ring and too soft to wear as a ring.
    Interesting..when I went to Russia and shopped (as girls tend to do ), the jewelry there was way more of a soft orange (strawberry blonde), and way more pretty than that harsh yellow they sell over here. Think I'll get my rings from Russia from now on

Also, white gold is more pricy than normal gold..so there must be something added to it that amps up the price, no? Otherwise, I'll go for platinum instead

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    True, but why get a gold ring if it doesn't even look like gold? That's really what I was getting at, I don't understand the recent fascination with 'white gold'. Why buy a gold ring that looks like a silver ring?
    Coz yellow gold really doesn't work with my skincolor (god, I'm girly today)
    And I tend to wear mostly silver yes, but somehow gold feels more special and precious..advertizing I guess
    Also, gold designs tend to be of better quality when it comes to craftmanship I feel, as it is treated as more precious. A lot of silver rings are pretty but not 'wow' pretty. Gold rings tend to be more in the 'wow' range.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

If gold "feels more special and precious" then, again: why wear a gold ring that looks like a silver one? You're not 'advertising' anything differently than you would if you wore a silver ring.

But then again rings are just metal annuli to me, I don't (can't) distinguish between 'pretty' and 'wow-pretty'.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Bad idea to set diamonds in silver, titanium can't be resized and it's brittle, platinum is 4 times as expensive and, I think you're starting to get the point.

I have always worn white gold so I didn't think it was just a fad.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've learned more about jewelry than I ever knew before in my whole life. I know nothing outside of "Its pretty." It could be plastic, and I still treat it like diamonds if it's pretty..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

If gold "feels more special and precious" then, again: why wear a gold ring that looks like a silver one? You're not 'advertising' anything differently than you would if you wore a silver ring.

But then again rings are just metal annuli to me, I don't (can't) distinguish between 'pretty' and 'wow-pretty'.
    Cause it's not about what you project into the world, but what is authentic. I'll know it's real, therefore it's more special to me
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

I... Fuck, I don't even care to understand anymore...

Maybe I need this ring so that I will understand why some people prefer 'white gold'.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I... Fuck, I don't even care to understand anymore...

Maybe I need this ring so that I will understand why some people prefer 'white gold'.
    LOL, you're adorable
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★