First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    True. It would more likely be the Brain Utilization Disorder.
    Exactly, just waiting for the time when thinking becomes illegal... :rolli:
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Is or isn't this a joke? I didn't see anything about it after a quick search of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Is or isn't this a joke? I didn't see anything about it after a quick search of the internet.
    It is a joke. They only have DSM IV (as far as I know).

Though I was tempted to let the confussion continue to prove my point.

Guess what type description I copied and edited.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Another disorder that clearly corresponds to INTJ.
    I was actually thinking INTP myself, but INTJ's certainly have a lot in common with INTP's.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

I think you copied INFPs. Right off personalitypage.com.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I was actually thinking INTP myself, but INTJ's certainly have a lot in common with INTP's.
    No, this "disorder" is far too stubborn and closure oriented to be P.

The Over-Abstract resists and rejects anything that doesn't support their own experiential understanding of the world.
    Except this is more likely ISTJ. I think this belongs in Over-Concrete disorder. But sadly, "concrete" disorders aren't looked upon as disorders, which is why an N is often more likely to be diagnosed with a mental disability.

The funny thing is that scientists and academic professors (an N majority) tend to look at S's as having a disorder, but since S traits are more socially desirable, the N is the "insane crackpot." But the thing is that the N is proud to be a "crackpot."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    What's your guess for actual type? I am curious.
    INTJ. If I read that entire description in an INTJ type description I wouldn't have batted an eye.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    No, this "disorder" is far too stubborn and closure oriented to be P.
    Heh, you need to get to know some INTP's better. They can seem easy going most of the time, but if you encounter something they've developed elaborate ideas about, then they can be as stubborn (or more stubborn) than any J.

The parts that really strike me as INTP is a) creating their own internal world for themself, and b) having no appreciation of emotional attachments. INTJ's can be like this too, but not as much as INTP's.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    INTJ. If I read that entire description in an INTJ type description I wouldn't have batted an eye.
    Actually, I'm now also curious, if there are any IN's out there that would pick a description of a type different from themselves.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, you need to get to know some INTP's better. They can seem easy going most of the time, but if you encounter something they've developed elaborate ideas about, then they can be as stubborn (or more stubborn) than any J.

The parts that really strike me as INTP is a) creating their own internal world for themself, and b) having no appreciation of emotional attachments. INTJ's can be like this too, but not as much as INTP's.
    Why would an INTJ be anymore appreciative of emotional attachments? I'd assume they'd be worse, since their J function makes them more uptight.

Ni is the function that creates internal worlds and perceives imagined slights, which would attribute itself to INTJ. The Ni type is the most susceptible to paranoid and schizophrenic behavior.

INTP analyzes and understands the world around them from a detached perspective -- using their dominant Ti. As Ps, the IxTP would, in theory, be open to suggestions and less unbending.