User Tag List

View Poll Results: if you were a..fuck it read the title!

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 13.33%
  • No

    10 33.33%
  • Partially

    2 6.67%
  • what a stupid question, plants can't eat other plants

    3 10.00%
  • Wheres my bunny and koolaid?

    11 36.67%
123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 57

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default If you were a daffodil and ate a sunflower

    would you be a cannibal?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  2. #2
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    I think itís clear that it would make you a herbivore cannibal.

  3. #3
    @.~*virinańČo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I think itís clear that it would make you a herbivore cannibal.
    A cannibis?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    ‚ÄúPleasure to me is wonder‚ÄĒthe unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.‚ÄĚ ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #4
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    your poop would be extra special yellow!

  5. #5
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,744

    Default

    I voted no.

    Cannibal is defined as "consuming a member of the same species."

    That said.. so.. I'm a daffodil. Hypothetically.
    I ate a sunflower.
    While that's an epic achievement albeit.. mildly disturbing, it would not meet the criteria for cannibalism.

    Daffodils are of the species Narcissus.
    Sunflowers are of the species Helianthus Annus.

    Similarly, if a tiger [species Panthera Tigris] ate a little domestic tabby cat [species Felis Catus].. bizarre as it would appear, the tiger would not technically be engaging in cannibalistic behavior. It too, is eating outside of its own species. Even if the cat & tiger are within the same Kingdom/Phylum/Class/Order/Family.. they do not share the same species, and that's all that defines cannibalism.

    The only commonality a daffodil and sunflower share are that they're both angiosperms within the Kingdom Plantae. So.. they have even less in common than the cat & tiger..




    ...Okay. I think I'm finished now.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  6. #6
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I voted no.

    Cannibal is defined as "consuming a member of the same species."

    That said.. so.. I'm a daffodil. Hypothetically.
    I ate a sunflower.
    While that's an epic achievement albeit.. mildly disturbing, it would not meet the criteria for cannibalism.

    Daffodils are of the species Narcissus.
    Sunflowers are of the species Helianthus Annus.

    Similarly, if a tiger [species Panthera Tigris] ate a little domestic tabby cat [species Felis Catus].. bizarre as it would appear, the tiger would not technically be engaging in cannibalistic behavior. It too, is eating outside of its own species. Even if the cat & tiger are within the same Kingdom/Phylum/Class/Order/Family.. they do not share the same species, and that's all that defines cannibalism.

    The only commonality a daffodil and sunflower share are that they're both angiosperms within the Kingdom Plantae. So.. they have even less in common than the cat & tiger..




    ...Okay. I think I'm finished now.
    What of a daffodil that thinks itself a sunflower (I think therefore I am)....and out of envy, consumed a sunflower in order to be the sunflower.

    What would you say to that? Huh? Huh?

  7. #7
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    it has an identity disorder. but I agree with Lexicon, that was my thought going into the thread, but I wanted to see how others would respond first. But still not a cannibal. Also we eat cows. cows are mammals yet because we eat them and our not of the same species, we are not cannibals, that was my argument in my head.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #8
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it has an identity disorder. but I agree with Lexicon, that was my thought going into the thread, but I wanted to see how others would respond first. But still not a cannibal. Also we eat cows. cows are mammals yet because we eat them and our not of the same species, we are not cannibals, that was my argument in my head.
    You're a cow!








  9. #9
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it has an identity disorder. but I agree with Lexicon, that was my thought going into the thread, but I wanted to see how others would respond first. But still not a cannibal. Also we eat cows. cows are mammals yet because we eat them and our not of the same species, we are not cannibals, that was my argument in my head.


    So.. we're brilliant.
    Yes?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  10. #10
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You're a cow!







    nuh-uh I'm a chicken :chicken:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post


    So.. we're brilliant.
    Yes?
    I guess so
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. guys if you were a girl and girls if you were a guy......
    By chado in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-08-2016, 09:52 AM
  2. STPs and NTJs, did you have trouble determining if you were S or N
    By PikUpYourPantsPatrol in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 06:09 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 10:04 PM
  4. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO