User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I wear a cap, a lot of times - especially when I used to be active in clubs, societies, and gym at university. I think it fits the person's style, and I find a woman wearing a cap, attractive.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I will look twice when I see someone wearing a hat, but that's only coz it's done so little. Here it has the connotation of 'trying too hard' unless your entire clothing style in fact comes with a hat, and even then you have to be able to pull it off. Personally, I couldn't care less, you wear what you want.

I actually have the same problem with open shoes. People come up to me in the middle of the winter going: 'Aren't you cold???? Why are you wearing that now, are you crazy??" Seriously, you'd almost contemplate wearing closed shoes, just to keep people from talking to you. (yes, I always have warm feet and prefer open shoes )
    Same goes for my clothes..i wear what I want and I constantly get asked if I'm not overheating or freezing to death. Well, clearly I'm not, or I wouldn't dress like this, now would I???

It's..annoying, really, and so not worth the repeat conversation so I can relate, Heart. People should just mind their own business, and stop trying to tell others what to do.

PS: I don't wear circlets coz of this very reason, though I love those things.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

In some cases a hat is fine...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love hats and I wish I had more opportunity to wear them. Nothing wrong with a baseball hat. I just pull my ponytail through the back and go on with what I was doing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    infp

I wear hats in the winter and I think they look cool. Mind you I was told by an ESFJ the other day that I don't dress appropriately for my age so maybe my opinion is no good.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    epic

don't these people have more important things to squander their opinions/emotional investments toward?

wear your hat(s) with pride, girl.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    don't these people have more important things to squander their opinions/emotional investments toward?

wear your hat(s) with pride, girl.
    Appropriate avatar for the topic too. Costrin approves.
    Last edited by Costrin; 07-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Sorry I read about half the post at the top and some above me. Anyhow, I dress against the norms here. I love wearing hats, and if it really compliments the person wearing the hat and I know her. I will say how wonderful it looks. Like my boss I had last year, she loved wearing these rounded felt like hats that would cover her ears making her look even more feminine and totally chic. I told her I liked her hats and wondered where she got them. I don't know, but I can't find a good hat shop here.

Anyhow I am more tomboyish and will wear a baseball cap if I can pull it off for work on a day off, a fun school trip, or few other occasions. I would just tell this person that said that to just get a life. Thankfully we don't have to live or work with such jerks...
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Women should not wear hats, nor should anyone. Hats are satan's Emissaries and if you wear one you are obviously a witch and need to be burned at the stake

....kidding of course

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'd probably have said something like:

"Really? We all wear hats where I come from. People around here aren't cool, huh? Too bad," and then sort of look down and shake my head and make a "tsk-tsk-tsk" sound, and then hold my head up and walk off.

Another thing I might have tried (depending on my sense of the person's personality) is:

"Oh, you don't like it?" in a really hurt tone. "I guess NOW I'll just have to have to expose my head to that hot sun," in a really pitiful tone (try to shed a tear, if you can).

The latter may elicit an apology in some cases.

One of those two lines would very likely work well on the kind of people who say stuff like that, if I recall correctly. You just have to use the right one.

They might just be angry that you seem so indifferent to them and what they think. It's probably not really about the hat at all. Chances are that if they liked you, they wouldn't notice things like that. People really only notice minor flaws like that in people when they're already looking for reasons to criticize them.