User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

If I had a friend who wore a hat and she was perfectly happy in her hat, I would be perfectly happy for her to wear it. I don't care about that stuff at all. I think people make way too many personal remarks and they should keep their opinions to themselves sometimes. Look them straight in the eye and say softly and sweetly, "Shut up about it." and then change the subject. That works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    To be clear here, not talking about men selecting women for dates, I am talking about just going about your own business and some women is wearing a hat. Would it bother you so much that you felt a need to stare or march over there and inform here that she is violating all federal and international standards of fashion?
    No. I've seen some pretty stupid get-ups. People can wear whatever the heck they like.

MBTI
    INTP

its endearing when a woman wears a baseball type hat.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I. Hats! I wish it was considered stylish, but I love 'em the same.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

People make stupid comments about that it's odd to see a woman wearing a hat. :steam: Good grief, who can be bothered to even notice if someone else is wearing a damned hat? Much less come over and comment? This one woman wouldn't shut up about it either, started like aruging with me at this garage sale.

She says (by way of hello): "I've seen you wearing that hat before."
    Me: "Huh?"
    She says: "Don't you know, women aren't supposed to wear hats anymore?"
    I said: "some women wear hats, I am wearing one right now."
    "No, most women don't wear hats."
    "I don't really care."
    "You should. Don't you know people talk about you, they wonder why you wear a hat?"
    "Well...thank you."
    Anyway, that was about four years ago in Indiana. Now here there's this man who is like lurking up on his balcony if I go outside with it on. "Oh your wearing that hat again" laughs. I try to change the subject, maybe he's just being friendly? Nope, he just yammers on about how strange it is for a woman to wear a hat and am I afraid of the sun, etc. What business is it of his? Why bother me with such ridiculous nonsense? Why is he always lurking up there, just waiting to pounce with his stupid nonsense? Doesn't he have a life?
    So to the fashion police who may be posting here (and I know you are!):
    Would you stone people who disobey your notions of proper attire if we lived in another time? Does it drive you crazy that you can't now?

Who has the time or energy to worry about what others are wearing? Does your own life suffer when you do this?

Do you lay in bed at night shuddering in horror over what others wear and trying to think up new ways to pressure them into obeying your notions of fashion?

Have you ever tried keeping your yap shut about it?

Did you ever consider that you're extremely annoying?
    whats in the head counts

those who care so much for whats on the head should, and in fact even be encouraged to, continue contributing their generous inputs to organic farming

/short rant contribution
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    YaYa

Absolutely not.

Edit:
    Decided I need to qualify. Baseball caps on women working out can be sexy. Cold weather hats can be hot or neutral.

But frilly hats designed for pure aesthetics............no way. It just doesn't work. Its like a woman trying to wear a flannel shirt or something or a wife-beater...........it just doesn't work.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've never owned a hat but I've been told I look good in them.
    As for the OP, sounds like the objecting person is a nutjob SJ. I thought we knew better than to give their comments more thought than the 2 seconds it takes to realize they're crazy.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

I see women wearing ballcaps all the time. If it's a ballcap, I have no idea what the woman's on about. If you were wearing some giant widebrimmed floppy hat, I would assume you were trying to keep out of the sun. If you were wearing an Aretha hat with shorts, I would assume you were eccentric and a bit nuts.

If I'm going to be in the sun for a while, I have a straw cowboy hat that I wear. I have ballcaps, but almost never wear them. I can never find an occasion for it--if I'm having a bad hair day, I don't need both the cap and the ponytail. I have some fancier hats, because I like the retro thing, but I hardly ever wear them, b/c they make me self-conscious.

I'm not the fashion police, but I have noticed that older women reaaaaaaaally like to wear newsboy caps, and it looks a tiny bit ridiculous. They always look like they got lost in the wilderness on the way to Woodstock.

I would like to outlaw both the newsboy cap and the porkpie/tiny fedora hat, aka the "Douche Hat." Observe:

Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Girls in hats are hot.

MBTI
    YaYa

I see a lot of dykes wear the newsboy hats.