User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Okay, well say you're at a nudist colony then and all the dudes are wearing their ballcaps and feedstore hats and there's one chick wearing a hat, would that bother you enough to beat feet over there and tell her she's done wrong?
    If there's a naked chick in front of me, I'm definitely not looking at her hat.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Well, anyway, I am hoping to get answers aside from the sexual aspect. This more about fashion policing than anything else.

MBTI
    IsTP

A woman wearing ANYTHING bothers me.

/sleaze
    +1

Okay, well say you're at a nudist colony then and all the dudes are wearing their ballcaps and feedstore hats and there's one chick wearing a hat, would that bother you enough to beat feet over there and tell her she's done wrong?
    No I'd beat feet for another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ Anything less is settling.

Heart I have no idea wtf is up with that woman. I wear hats all the time, I love them, they're functional, and they make me look 10x better than a humid day where my medusa snakes are all irritated and attacking my eyeballs and people around me.

I say wear your hat with pride and the next time someone does that, you could say "Don't you realize that's FAR older women that don't wear hats? I just didn't want to look as old and worn out.. "

+ infinity
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, anyway, I am hoping to get answers aside from the sexual aspect. This more about fashion policing than anything else.
    Is this about fashion or fashion policing?

If it's about fashion...I'm not a huge fan of hats, especially non-sports caps. A sports cap can look comfortable and cozy, especially with a Tshirt and jeans, whether on a guy or a girl. Anything besides that, including stylized caps, I'm not really a fan of. That's my personal preference though. I don't really know what the majority of America thinks. Maybe you can post a picture of yourself with and without a cap, and add a poll, and we'll vote for which looks best.

If this is about fashion POLICING, well...I think people get urges to say things like that because they feel (1) empathic and (2) judgmental. Their own judgments (which they've absorbed from the media) get directed at you, but because she feels empathy, it makes her uncomfortable. I get why people do it. Should they STFU? Eh. I don't mind if someone tells me something once in a while and then drops it. If it becomes too frequent or too insistent, I tell them to STFU and leave me alone to my own style. The efficacy and relevant of the criticism depends on whether you both share similar values. If putting time into impressing others isn't as important as personal style, freedom, and practicality, then the advise isn't really going to mean much or have any kind of effect.

Edit: OH! Come to think of it, my friend brought this hat to Vegas. It was like a baseball cap but had no structure to it and was plaid (brown and whitish). I told him he looked like a gay retarded kid. (His shirt was tucked into his shorts, btw.) Honestly, those were my words. He laughed and took it off. A lot of fashion policing, I guess, comes down to a person's tone and the care they demonstrate other times. My friend knows I'm loyal and would do almost anything [not gay] for him.

MBTI
    IsTP

What's not to like?

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm sorry but WHAT. THE. HELL.??

i can't imagine anyone even looking twice at me for wearing a hat!? i mean unless it was some strange thing that looked like a peacock or something .. that i could understand a funny look or two but a baseball hat?? whaat??
    that's crazy...people have issues.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

heart on fire

Edit: OH! Come to think of it, my friend brought this hat to Vegas. It was like a baseball cap but had no structure to it and was plaid (brown and whitish). I told him he looked like a gay retarded kid. (His shirt was tucked into his shorts, btw.) Honestly, those were my words. He laughed and took it off. A lot of fashion policing, I guess, comes down to a person's tone and the care they demonstrate other times. My friend knows I'm loyal and would do almost anything [not gay] for him.
    See, I don't think it is any of my business what my friends wear. Maybe they like looking "gay"...maybe they are gay, who really cares?

But one of my friends nearly had a conpintion because I wore old fashioned tennis shoes (Keds type) with a demin dress.

MBTI
    IsTP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

See, I don't think it is any of my business what my friends wear. Maybe they like looking "gay"...maybe they are gay, who really cares?

But one of my friends nearly had a conpintion because I wore old fashioned tennis shoes (Keds type) with a demin dress.
    Well, like I said, if YOU know that your friend cares about the way others perceive her, then you'll tell her, unless you're trying to make a statement that people shouldn't care, or you just have no idea what other people would think.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

There is a whole media industry dedicated to and invested in opinions of appearance. With the explosion of cable television this leapt from a few magazines and the annual drek from Mr. Blackwell and Joan Rivers schtick to an nightly assault of our senses by loudmouth d-list celebs of dubious qualifications barfing forth their observations for our benefit. And of course, those who feast on this sort of fodder will eventually feel themselves schooled enough to advise those of us less invested in the glossy requirements of contemporary life. I'm with Kyuuie on this one. They don't pay your bills.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king