User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default My type: Comments and inquiries welcome.

Okay, I'm going to open myself up to any ideas regarding my type, especially since at least two people have cast doubt on my type. I partially want to do this as a way of determining exactly which functions do what. I know that definitions are available, but the specifics of each seem to differ. The first thing I would ask is what functions I appear to use most often based on my posting habits, so when I look at something, what function am I using? Many seem sure I have Ni traits, while others seem to think I'm an SJ.

ptgatsby only said he believed I was an SJ, but didn't say which one. There are four SJ types. (I'd like to hear the rest of that, actually.)

Usehername seems to be leaning towards ISFJ.

Does anyone else disagree with the idea that I'm an INFJ? If so, why?

MBTI
    INFP

I would have thought you were an IxTJ to be honest, had it not been for your testing as INFJ.

You really come across as a T type.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, but I don't value logic over emotion. I would be willing to abnegate a logical goal for the sake of people I cared about. I believe that a Thinking type would pursue a logical goal regardless of the emotional impact it had on others, due to their detached nature. Also, I'm comfortable with expressing sentiment. It's likely that I've spent too much time studying things, and I seem more logical due to that than I actually feel.

Also, I am very introverted, so I might have stronger Ni/Si and Ti than Fe. The Fe I do express may be more primitive due to lack of experience. I might be one of the types of which it could be said that my extroversion is only accidental and/or unconscious.

I would suggest that when you picture my Fe process, attempt to think of C3-P0's Fe. Mine is more similar to his: Somewhat mechanical and formal.

I think that another reason for this might be that most of my emotions are directed towards abstract ideas rather than towards people.

Also, I tend to behave in a very formal and polite manner towards others. I can't think of a function other than Fe that would be responsible for facilitating that.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think you are (INFJ + INTP + ISFJ) / 3.

That approximately comes out to INFJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think you are (INFJ + INTP + ISFJ) / 3.

That approximately comes out to INFJ.
    I could believe that, but where did you get the INTP part? Wouldn't that require significant Ti, and a somewhat more perceiving-oriented behavior? As far as I know, I'm only aware of using Ni and/or Si, and possibly a very stilted and formal version of Fe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Based on my lack of experience with Sensing types diving gleefully into MBTI theory the way you have done, I would go with N. I'm close friends with an ISFJ who has embraced MBTI to the point where she will introduce others to it, but I don't see her ever speculatively geeking it () like you do here, for instance.

Perhaps you could get Shimpei to comment on her identification with you or lack thereof?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd say ISFJ only because of how you claim to identify with C-3P0, who is definitely either an ESFJ or ISFJ.

Based on your posts and the way you write, I'd say your Fe is more obvious than any other function. As for Ni and Si, you seem rather balanced. Based on correlated tests (I viewed your IPIP-NEO results), I'd say you're IxFJ. But in another post, you say you identify with all INxx types, but only two of the SJ types. In which case, I'd say InFj.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I would read this one to see if you identify more with or with NF.

I'm not certain you're ISFJ. It's just what I would have guessed based off of a few specific instances. Perhaps they're not representative of you as a whole, though.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I would read this one to see if you identify more with SJ or with NF.

I'm not certain you're ISFJ. It's just what I would have guessed based off of a few specific instances. Perhaps they're not representative of you as a whole, though.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I admit I sometimes act ISFJ-ish in the way approach my life, but I think the N comes out more when I deal with theory.

Well, I identify with both, really. I'm similar to SJ in the list and management thing, but I'm not quite as practical, or worried about others, although I do take care of my own needs well enough. I'm not as future oriented or vague as the NF's are purported to be, though. I'm even similar to the NT's in the curiosity and asking "Why?" Basically, I identify with something in every temperament besides SP.