User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INXP

htb,

Two questions for you:

Was your earlier self-identification as an INFJ based solely on test results?

Did you ultimately reach the conclusion that you're an INTJ due to your possessing an argumentative nature, or was there more to it than that?

I haven't seen enough of your posts to form an idea of your personality, but I'm curious to know which determinants you used in changing your type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Was your earlier self-identification as an INFJ based solely on test results?
    About ten years ago self-administered tests were seemingly verified by my perception of behavior and thought processes. I did not discuss MBTI with others in any depth, let alone to corroborate my guess of being an INFJ.

Did you ultimately reach the conclusion that you're an INTJ due to your possessing an argumentative nature, or was there more to it than that?
    Towards the end of last year, six months or so after joining an MBTI-focused forum (INTPCentral), I began to examine questions more closely and, receiving results for an INTJ, considered that not a change of type had occurred but rather one of perspective and interpretation.

I haven't seen enough of your posts to form an idea of your personality, but I'm curious to know which determinants you used in changing your type.
    After removing myself from old presumptions, I realized that I lined up to the "interests," "orientations" and "self-image" which David Keirsey assigned to the NT. Outside of romantic situations, the only other instances that had ever bothered me were senses of particular incompetence and the receipt of condescension. In an appointed position for my municipality, I regularly (and very publicly) choose courses of action that are based on rules over circumstances, logical clarity over historical continuity and efficiency over geniality. And so on.

Edit: I also have a history of (earnestly honorable) confrontation that I can't see an NF -- if we accept the theory -- capable of. In other tests, honest answers result in personalities that are high-dominance and results-oriented. I have more memories as a kid of being a pushy smart-aleck than anything else. If I have behaved out-of-preference, it could be imputed to childhood under two strongly F-type parents and a couple of social traumas growing up.

MBTI
    INXP

htb wrote:
    If I have behaved out-of-preference, it could be imputed to childhood under two strongly F-type parents and a couple of social traumas growing up.
    I can relate to that. I've noticed that the ways my behavior diverges from that of the textbook INTP type can be attributed to either my having a weak Thinker preference or issues from my past that limited my opportunities to socialize. I think of personality as a tangled web of trait preferences and life experiences, which can make it difficult to classify those with unusual--or even just unknown--backgrounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    I think of personality as a tangled web of trait preferences and life experiences, which can make it difficult to classify those with unusual--or even just unknown--backgrounds.
    Yes, at which point I distance myself from all of these doggoned theories!

MBTI
    INFP

Ni strongest
    Fe, Te and Si strong.

Which leads me to think you're a mix between INTJ and INFJ with some ISxJ traits. As you mature you'll probably find that you'll start balancing your strong Ni more with Fe or Te, leaning you more in direction of INFJ or INTJ (guessing the former), but you'll probably never be "typical" (but then again, who are?). INFJ is as good a label as INxJ or INTJ for the moment imho.

Edit: And yes, I'm quite the necromancer it seems.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    So, Ne may not come easy to you now, but it seems like it is something that should. I believe that by simply using Ni in a variety of ways, you'll naturally develop Ne as a side effect, especially if you engage in more extraverted activities. I think it's something like working out. If you work out one set of muscles, then often there will be related muscles that will get something of a lesser workout.
    Interesting analogy laser... I like it. ^^

Athenian:
    Based on your posting style... and the stuff you mention as being important to you. I see you as very J... I cannot tell whether it is Fe being paired with a more inflexible Ni (no offense intended, I simply meant a firmer believe in Ni as in more dominant) or whether there are hints of Te floating about all the time.

I've never been very "J" so I'm not even sure what an INFJ is suppose to be like in the first place! Overall I find that we're just a variable group that overall you might as well be simply that...

In terms of function ordering... I see these being displayed

Ni Fe Ti/Te Si Fi (shadow)

The Si shows up when Te shows up... after the Si shows up, Fi sometimes appears (often as a burst of emotions). What does that all mean? I have no idea... It's yours to play with.

*side note: If you think my analysis has merit in the first place

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

ISFJ - Introverted Sheltered Feeling Judging. This is not meant as a slight against you, athenian! I think you understand what I'm saying.
    Not really.