I agree.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Very very nice explanations, PM.

Very nice way to say it, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I agree.
    Why thank you, I feel like doing a curtsy.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Why thank you, I feel like doing a curtsy.
    It would definitely be socially appropriate.
    (And deserved.)

I am just trying to determine whether Eco's nod came from her inner INTJ or ESTJ...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I am just trying to determine whether Eco's nod came from her inner INTJ or ESTJ...
    Not to derail, but it was a routine execution of a rationally adopted social courtesy.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I could believe that, but where did you get the INTP part? Wouldn't that require significant Ti, and a somewhat more perceiving-oriented behavior? As far as I know, I'm only aware of using Ni and/or Si, and possibly a very stilted and formal version of Fe.
    I say Ti, mostly based on the thread where you described the dilemma of whether or not to sit in the chair. You seem to want to apply a type of logic to social norms and etiquette. It's like your Fe is wired into Ti.

Also Ti is a deceptively rigid function. It doesn't look that way because it's introverted. When interacting with an IxTP they appear easy going, because you are interacting directly with Ne or Se. If you encounter some topic that the IxTP has put a lot of thought into though, then you can find them to be quite rigid.

I'm not sure how developed your Ne is and I know your Se is very underdeveloped. I don't think your Ti really interacts with these functions. I think it somehow interacts with Fe, Ni, and Si. I wouldn't consider you to be the archtype of an INFJ, but I think that is the type that describes you the closest.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

heart on fire

I believe that a Thinking type would pursue a logical goal regardless of the emotional impact it had on others, due to their detached nature.

I disagree with this. I don't think a thinker would knowingly hurt another person just for the sake of logic alone, based on my experience with thinkers in my private life.

Based on your posts I would say you were INtJ, but I also realize that online people can present certain aspects of themselves over others. I would have to know you in your private life to be able to say for sure if you were or were not a "T".

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I disagree with this. I don't think a thinker would knowingly hurt another person just for the sake of logic alone, based on my experience with thinkers in my private life.

Based on your posts I would say you were INtJ, but I also realize that online people can present certain aspects of themselves over others. I would have to know you in your private life to be able to say for sure if you were or were not a "T".
    I wouldn't say that a thinker would consciously hurt others for the sake of logic. Though they may do this inadvertently, as they tend to value the feelings of others and their own less than the impersonal objectives they have in mind.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    heart, are you angry with me or something?

heart on fire

heart, are you angry with me or something?
    No, I am not mad. I did not mean offense. It is just that you most often seem to be very analytical in your posts on here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I wouldn't say that a thinker would consciously hurt others for the sake of logic. Though they may do this inadvertently, as they tend to value the feelings of others and their own less than the impersonal objectives they have in mind.
    That was what I meant, BlueWing. Wouldn't a thinking type pursue their objectives logically despite the feelings of others, possibly even themselves? And the answer is, I would not. So, I am not a thinking type.