User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Can you imagine an extremely angry and/or immature FJ saying that? At this point, I really can't believe I said something like that, but that was over two years ago, and I've been thinking more deeply since then.
    Absolutely. I don't remember Elwin doing anything that extreme, but he does have tendencies in that direction.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

One thing I've noticed from viewing functional orders is that most people seem to have one or two functions in the 40-50 range, and the rest are fairly underdeveloped. I seem to have one function near 40, and almost every other function besides Te and Se is somewhere in the 30s. It's as if I'm a jack of several trades, and a master of none.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    One thing I've noticed from viewing functional orders is that most people seem to have one or two functions in the 40-50 range, and the rest are fairly underdeveloped. I seem to have one function near 40, and almost every other function besides Te and Se is somewhere in the 30s. It's as if I'm a jack of several trades, and a master of none.
    Either that, or you were unable to distinguish between variable levels of function preference when you were answering the test questions, leading to scoring yourself as average, or slightly above average, in all of them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If you would like another opinion, I've always seen you as being rather...rigidly INTJ. I see no NF at all, and I see both Ni and SJ traits at times (more commonly the latter). Your viewpoints on many things are very SJ-like, and that letter you wrote is far more SJ in attitude than most of my SJ friends. I've never known an INFJ who wasn't extremely well-balanced though, so I'm not sure what that looks like.

If I had to guess I would say you come across here as IxTJ, honestly. Maybe you are radically different in real life though. Actually for that matter, you could be an E, it's hard to tell over the internet. No idea there.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Are you saying that you see more Te than Fe, Randomnity? I assumed Te's were very blunt, and I'm usually not. If a teacher makes a mistake, I'll ignore it during class out of respect for their authority, although depending on the severity I might ask them about it privately after class, so that their image in the student's eyes won't be tarnished. But I suppose since I'm mostly dealing with theory rather than people on here, I might look more T-ish than in real life, although I don't know how T-ish I look in real life.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You come across as blunt here, at least to me. You aren't afraid to say very negative things about people you dislike, which I don't see as characteristic of Fs in general and FJs in particular.

What you said about respect for authority/not wantintg to embarass them seems more like an SFP/SFJ thing to do, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What I forgot to mention was the apology I sent ten minutes after sending the message (and she accepted it, and is still my friend, believe it or not.):

I must say, despite how many things seemed wrong with your actions, your motivations were nothing but the best, and I shouldn’t be angry at you for them. I am terribly sorry that I hurt you so much. I just hope you can forgive my casting aspersions on your friends and family, and realize that they were just the product of unjustified anger.
    And I actually don't like saying negative things about people. I've only denigrated one person on this forum that I know of. Who are you talking about?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Another thing I forgot to mention is that you seem very literal-minded, which is fairly non-INFJ like, though it's by no means definitive.

I wasn't talking about a specific person. I was talking about the comments you've made about SPs (as a group) on occasion.

I don't really have a strong argument either way, I'm just explaining the rationale behind my perception.

Enneagram
    1w2

Athenian based on your posts I'd say you are definitely IJ although you probably know that.

My impression of you based on the chat we had a while ago was ISFJ, but your posts seem INJish.

There have been three things that make me lean towards InfJ for you: the fact that you welcome every new member (very Fe ), a post in Varelse's blog following her breakup, and that situation you had with that object in your seat.

The welcomes: I know that may seem like a weak reason, but you are quite diligent and you do it for everyone. That's Fe through and through. I doubt that an ITJ would do it, so that may lean you towards ISFJ, but I don't think so. If you are an ITJ, you Fi isn't very detectable. The INTJs may want to deny it, but their Fi is quite apparent. If you're an ITJ, I don't see much Fi in your posts (even Sona has Fi all over his posts). And if you're INTJ, look at how Usehername and Economica go about being social. They look at it as a skill to be learned, you seem to be more concerned about social comportment and behavior than about being more social. It seems to me to be the difference between being a referee in a game and being a player. You seem to what to know and understand the rules, whereas they just want to know enough of the rules to play. Does this make sense?

Post in Varalse's blog: Fe Attack! You were defending, I don't see Fi defending in that way. You went off on how Varelse should have been treated and how she was mistreated. That situation seemed to have upset you. It just seemed very Fe way to deal with it. Sorry I can't get more detailed than that

The Object in Your Seat: Once again, you were concerned about how to behave socially in a situation, you didn't want to do the socially unacceptable thing and you didn't want to break the rules (and get yourself in trouble). I don't think an ITJ would be concerned with that in the way you were. I don't remember all the specifics of the situation. I don't even think an ISFJ would have fretted like that, although I've seen two different INFJs on two different occasions behave in a very similar manner that left me baffled. My INFJ pool is limited, so that may not be the best comparison.

The reason why I chose those three things are because I think that two of them were something you did when you were emotionally invested in the situation (the object in your seat and the post) and the welcomes are a more consistent behavior that you do for everyone.

Anyways, that's my assessment.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Very very nice explanations, PM.
    (Is your Ti messing around with your Fe again? It's only 4pm! Get a room!)

I really liked this line:
    And if you're INTJ, look at how Usehername and Economica go about being social. They look at it as a skill to be learned, you seem to be more concerned about social comportment and behavior than about being more social. It seems to me to be the difference between being a referee in a game and being a player. You seem to want to know and understand the rules, whereas they just want to know enough of the rules to play.
    Very nice way to say it, I think.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft