I'd love it if you would expand on your reasons for thinking he is Ni/Fe.
Oh, yeah. Sorry. Well, as long as I acknowledge firstly that my reasoning is intuitive and half-assed, I will proceed:
1. His longevity in music. He seems to consistently produce.
2. He is a bit of a control freak.
3. He does not appear to have any obvious romantic relationships. I can see this as more INFJ than INFP.
4. He is sexually ambiguous. I have seen this more in INFJ men than INFP men.
5. He seems very concerned (especially in the past) with morality, eg. vegetarianism (meat is murder), war, etc.
6. He seems more peculiar and singular than I would expect of an INFP. Someone pointed to Robert Smith of The Cure as the exemplar INFP.
"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."
This is probably a bit off topic....but seeing as Robert Smith was brought up, I think he & Morrissey are good examples of how to tell an INFP from an INFJ. Robert Smith, like many INFPs, seems childlike, fanciful & a bit bratty no matter his age. Conversely, it is hard to imagine the Mozzer as a child, and when he was he must have been very precocious. INFJs never seem like they were ever children. They don't have the naiveté of INFPs....they grasp the world too clearly to be so innocent.
"Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure
His N is basically inept. The more you see it, the less there is.
That's an interesting opinion. I suppose the argument against it is that he seems too dark and loves saddness too much to fit Fi/Se.
To me his lyrics seem more like an INFP stuck in Fi/Si.
I disagree with those who say he must be J just because he's dedicated to his music. Internal judgers can be very dedicated to their own visions. They just won't hop to in order to satisfy external standards.
Not all INFP are the fluffy bunny everything is so light types. Especially when they've lived lives with hardship and obstacles.
However the celibacy thing does point more towards INFJ than INFP.