User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Morrissey INFP or INFJ

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFP

    3 10.71%
  • INFJ

    20 71.43%
  • Some other type

    0 0%
  • I don't know

    3 10.71%
  • I hate voting in polls

    2 7.14%
First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That's an interesting opinion. I suppose the argument against it is that he seems too dark and loves saddness too much to fit Fi/Se.

    To me his lyrics seem more like an INFP stuck in Fi/Si.

    I disagree with those who say he must be J just because he's dedicated to his music. Internal judgers can be very dedicated to their own visions. They just won't hop to in order to satisfy external standards.

    Not all INFP are the fluffy bunny everything is so light types. Especially when they've lived lives with hardship and obstacles.

    However the celibacy thing does point more towards INFJ than INFP.
    I agree with the fluffy bunny bit...that's why a brooder like Robert Smith is definitely INFP. I am no fluffy bunny, that's for sure

    There's more evidence discussed to why Moz is J in that link I posted.
    Morrissey is a very articulate speaker (INFPs tend to ramble more), well-mannered to the point of being affected, and he has a very direct speaking style. He's too rigid & controlled to be an INFP
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  2. #12
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Too bad he looks too much like an INFJ to be anything else.
    Yes, his martyr face makes him the INFJ poster child
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  3. #13
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    There's more evidence discussed to why Moz is J in that link I posted.
    Morrissey is a very articulate speaker (INFPs tend to ramble more)
    Yes, you have presented here the most compelling piece of evidence with this. I can't speak for all INFP but my verbal communication is a mess and frequnetly fails me to the degree that I cannot put forth what I intend to at all but verbal is so much easier and natural.

  4. #14
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is probably a bit off topic....but seeing as Robert Smith was brought up, I think he & Morrissey are good examples of how to tell an INFP from an INFJ. Robert Smith, like many INFPs, seems childlike, fanciful & a bit bratty no matter his age. Conversely, it is hard to imagine the Mozzer as a child, and when he was he must have been very precocious. INFJs never seem like they were ever children. They don't have the naiveté of INFPs....they grasp the world too clearly to be so innocent.
    I like this. Yes, very serious.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #15
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Too bad he looks too much like an INFJ to be anything else.
    lol thx S explanation
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #16
    Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    446

    Default

    I used to think disgrunted ISFP but he seems more of an NJ in interviews.

    Whatever he is though, I think like all highly talented artists he makes good use of both S and N. His lyrics contain much word play and phonic device (S) and fantasy and metaphor (N). Good examples would be 'Shoplifters of the World Unite' and 'A Rush and a Push' (which is simultaneously about Irish independence and drug-aided gay sex, as far as I can tell).

    I'll guess probably INFJ because I don't think even an extremely introverted, misanthropic SP would interact the way he does. Too controlled, certain and unwieldy - even 'rigid' as someone has said.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Opinion on Morrissey
    By maliafee in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 06:06 AM
  2. MBTI poll on an ADHD forum
    By compulsiverambler in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
  3. [MBTItm] An INTP view on an ENTP
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
  4. a poll on polls
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
  5. Help me with an important life decision!
    By pocket lint in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO